Plus Heal|Site Info

4.2 Changes for Holy Paladins

4 replies
410 posts
Admins
Moderators
For quick and easy reference, below are changes excerpted from the official Rage of the Firelands 4.2 Patch Notes page that either directly affect Holy Paladins or I feel are otherwise relevant (like changes to the default UI that affect healers):

Classes: General
  • All healing critical strikes now heal for 2 times a normal heal (+100%), up from 1.5 times a normal heal (+50%).
  • Buffs
    • All class abilities which place a buff on friendly targets no longer generate any threat. This goes for raid-wide buffs like Mark of the Wild and Power Word: Fortitude, as well as triggered effects such as Blessed Resilience or Fingers of Frost, and single-target buffs like Dark Intent and Hysteria. The exception is buffs which directly cause healing or damage, such as Thorns or Renew. Abilities such as these still generate normal threat.
  • Stats
    • Death knights, paladins, and warriors no longer receive any bonus to their chance to dodge from Agility. Their base chance to dodge is now a fixed 5%.

Paladins
  • Divine Light mana cost has been increased to 35% of base mana, up from 30%.
  • Flash of Light mana cost has been increased to 31% of base mana, up from 27%.
  • Holy Light mana cost has been increased to 12% of base mana, up from 10%.
  • Rebuke, Divine Shield and Divine Protection have new icons.
  • Seal of Righteousness now can be activated by any melee ability, not just single target melee abilities. This adds Hammer of the Righteous (the physical component) and Divine Storm to the list of abilities that can activate this seal. In addition, Seal of Righteousness procs can now be critical effects.
  • Talent Specializations
    • Holy
      • Beacon of Light can no longer be dispelled. In addition, it now transfers 100% of the heal from Holy Light, but still 50% of the heal from other spells.
      • Denounce has been redesigned. It still reduces the mana cost of Exorcism. However, it no longer has a chance on Holy Shock of making Exorcism free and instant. Instead, it has a 50/100% chance to prevent the Exorcism target from causing critical effects for the next 6 seconds. This effect can be dispelled.
      • Holy Shock mana cost has been decreased to 7% of base mana, down from 8%.
      • Illuminated Healing (Mastery) has been adjusted slightly so that if a paladin refreshes an existing copy of his or her own Illuminated Healing on a target, the new absorption amount will be added into the old absorption amount and the duration will be reset. The total absorption created can never exceed 1/3 of the casting paladin's health.
      • Infusion of Light can now lower the cast time of Flash of Light by 0.75/1.5 seconds, in addition to Holy Light and Divine Light. In addition, the old Denounce spell overlay effect has been transferred to Infusion of Light since Denounce is no longer a proc.
      • Speed of Light now increases movement speed when Holy Radiance or Divine Protection are cast. In addition, this talent now reduces the cooldown of Holy Radiance by 13/26/40 seconds, up from 10/20/30.
      • Walk in the Light now improves Word of Glory healing by 30%, in addition to its current effects.

Dungeons & Raids
  • Raid Profiles have been added which allow players to save the raid window user interface layout based on type of content (i.e. 10-player raids, 25-player raids, Battlegrounds, etc.) for future use.
    • Players can select PvE, PvP, specialization, and group size. Each Raid Profile type will then automatically setup going forward.
    • This feature is available for 5-player content as well when Use Raid-Style Party Frames is selected in the Interface options.
    • Raid Profiles can list groups horizontally as well as vertically.

User Interface
  • The cast bar can now be moved to display below the Character frame.

Questions / comments / concerns / suggestions / corrections / objections / perceptions? Feel free to discuss the above in the thread below! :sick:
Posted Jun 27, 11 · OP
133 posts
Untagged users
My baby pally is my newest 85 healer but I think the Speed of Light + Divine Protection is going to be huge for your guys and what I am most looking for on my pally
Healing with a Positive Carbon Footprint since 2004
WoW = Taiboku - Nall - Reicher - Pottle- Poxs
Posted Jun 27, 11
5 posts
Untagged users
The biggest impact is WoG in my opinion, followed by the reduced CD on Holy Radiance. WoG hits like a truck now. I'm tentative to start using instant FoL as it's still a mana hog.

Oh, and I love me some 200% crits.
Posted Jun 29, 11
13 posts
Untagged users
despite the increased cost of our heals, I think overall, this is a buff. Loving WoG! and can we say HURRAY! for HL beacon transfer?

Funny thing is, with the HL change, Haste becomes even more of a priority, yet they changed crit and mastery in an attempt to make them more attractive...lolz?
Posted Jun 29, 11
11 posts
Untagged users
Im loving healing in 4.2, holy light means we sometimes never have to heal the tank directly, word of glory is just amazing and holy radiance is even better
Posted Jul 23, 11
Announcement of