Plus Heal|Site Info

Save settings, delete Vuhdo, re-DL it, and reload settings??

9 replies
Seraphin
A bit long..please read and bear with me..

I have been fine with my addons and Vuhdo since 4.1 until last night. Im now getting that wonderful issue where I can sit in Org fine (Some slight stuttering) but the moment I zone into an active Battleground or Raid, I get 5 FPS and lockup completely so that I need to go into Task Manager to close WoW out. This happened only as of yesterday and I cant fathom why. I can play other games fine without issue (Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, etc) and sit in Org fine but cant raid. The only thing I did yesterday was download a new version of Decursive off the Ace site.

Since then I had disabled decursive and deleted my cache and wtf folders. Today after work, Im going to delete the Interface folder since things still are not working right. Here is my question. Deleting the interface folder will undoubtedly screw up all my saved Vuhdo settings. Is it at all possible for me to save the Vuhdo settings, delete the interface folder, re-download Vuhdo and then load up the preferences/settings I had from before? If it IS possible, please walk me through how I do this :/ Thanks..
Posted May 3, 11 · OP
zohar101
Yes it is possible. Go under

World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/UserName/Saved Variables/
and
World of Warctaft/WTF/Account/Username/ServerName/ToonName/Saved Variables

Now copy all the files containing Vuhdo in the name from each of those folders. Make sure you keep them in separate folders and know which came from where so you know to put them back in correct locations once WTF folder is recreated by wow.

Regarding your addon problem though before you start deleting everything this is what you do. Once you're on character selection screen, click the Addon button and then uncheck everything. Load like that with no addons, check your FPS.
If it's ok, go under Esc-Interface-Game-Help-Display Lua Errors and check that box. Now that you have lua errors on, log out and go back to character selection screen. Click on addon button again and turn only a few addons on (check the box next to them). Log in, check if there are any lua errors thrown. If yes, in the first line it will say by name which is the addon causing it. Log out and turn it off then log back in. Repeat this process until you have all your addons loaded, and all those throwing errors are turned off. You can even load out of date addons as long as they're not throwing errors.

For all those problematic addons, go to http://www.curse.com, http://www.wowinterface.com or http://www.wowace.com and find latest version of the addons (has to be April 27/28 or later the date of the last update).
Posted May 3, 11 · OP
4 posts
Untagged users
Okay so i've searched everywhere, and I keep coming up with the same answer:
Copy the Vuhdo named files from the saved variable folders. To copy a profile.
However it doesn't seem to work for me.

I want to copy my healing profile for my druid, to my other account on another computer, but the files dont seem to want to "take" am I missing something?
Posted Sep 12, 11
886 posts
Untagged users
At all or partially?
Keep in mind some settings are class specific and will not load on your other toon. But most should.

Also are you sure your vuhdo is seeing these files? By that I mean, are you running windows7 or vista and you've been playing wow before cata came out on that machine? I mean is your wow stored in C:\Program Files or have you moved it elsewhere?
If it is, though your wow folder has WTF folder, it's a dummy folder and doesn't do anything so putting vuhdo files there will also do nothing.
You need to go to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft
and find the WTF folder in there and within it place vuhdo savedvariable files correctly as I outlined in the previous post in this thread (you may need to show hidden folders in order to find the above path on your windows).
Posted Sep 12, 11
4 posts
Untagged users
It doesn't seem to take at all, I've tried now on two different computers. Once on a Druid, and another time on a paladin.

I am running window's 7, and have been since Cata was released.
Just checked the C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft and I dont have a wow folder there at all.

I do have two different versions of wow on my computer though, one is installed in the normal place the C drive. But the other was just installed directly to my desktop. This was done bc I was playing on the US servers now playing on the EU servers. But I've never had any issues with them clashing before.
Posted Sep 12, 11
886 posts
Untagged users
Keep in mind you won't see the virtual store folder or anything in it if you don't have showing hidden files on.

And if you have one installation on "normal place in C drive" you will probably have this problem. The one where you dumped entire wow folder onto the desktop should be fine though.
Posted Sep 12, 11
4 posts
Untagged users
The wow > vuhdo i'm having a problem with is the one from the desktop the wow that I play from.
Any ideas why the .lua files wouldn't be working?
Posted Sep 12, 11
886 posts
Untagged users
The only other thing it could be is if you're importing saved files from a very different version of vuhdo than the account you're currently playing on. And the one you're importing to should be a later version (or ideally the same version) of vuhdo from the one you're importing from.
Posted Sep 12, 11
4 posts
Untagged users
Unfortunately that isn't the case for one of the accounts. We both had the same vuhdo version. I guess I'm just going to have to make a tutorial for it. Thanks for the speedy replies!
Posted Sep 12, 11
Iza a
711 posts
Admins
Moderators
Keep in mind that you'll have to copy these files from WTF folder after you completely shut down wow client. Otherwise they'll be overwritten as soon as you exit the client. Make sure that all vuhdo.lua are copied from the source folders meet their corrsponding folder on destination. Make sure to not copy a file vuhdo.lua from account saved variables to toon specific saved variables or something. Does it say something like "VuhDo data model sanity check created/repaired xy values" when you login? Sometimes problems also come from copying wtf files to copies of wow that they actually don't use (anymore). Do you have multiple copies/installations of wow on your computer? Otherwise either model sanity checker is supposed to repair something or at least some stored settings should have been restored.
Posted Sep 12, 11
Notices