Plus Heal|Site Info

Soul of the Forest and 10 Man Raids

3 replies
20 posts
Untagged users
Question for the resto druids in 10 man raiding, how often do you not take Soul of the Forest for a given boss? (Presuming that need for Incarnation as a mana saving CD is largely unneeded by this point for most). Having played resto since classic, and being used to Tree of Life since BC, it took me a long time to even try out Soul (hated giving up a signature ability). That being said, short of fights with movement heavy phases needing healing (Blade Lord and Lei Shi), I'm finding that I'm always using Soul do the massive healing boost to Wind Growth, since glyphed Wild Growth hits 60% of my raid (I should note I'm running at the 6652 haste break point as well). The extra healing available every 15s (yeah, I haven't gotten to 4 piece normal tier yet) seems to significantly out perform the extra healing for Incarnation every 3m.

Others have similar experiences?
Traylon
51259_99a9e9d79e33b734.png
Posted Feb 23, 13 · OP
390 posts
Untagged users
I haven't played with SotF since Dragon Soul. It was great on the Deathwing fight, but I really missed having the second cooldown on other fights. I hadn't thought about it in ages... Of the 16 bosses this tier, I find that I liked having Tree+NV on 10 of them when they were progression. Another thing, and this is probably just me, but I haven't been getting that much mileage out of WG in 10-man.
Posted Feb 24, 13
20 posts
Untagged users
Oleander wrote:
Of the 16 bosses this tier, I find that I liked having Tree+NV on 10 of them when they were progression. Another thing, and this is probably just me, but I haven't been getting that much mileage out of WG in 10-man.

Honestly, I was the same way (though not about WG; I've always big a big user of that). I just couldn't see giving up the extra CD of Tree. Then, I think it was when our raid decided we needed to 2 heal Vizer in HoF to beat the enrage (our DPS had a ton of troubles living through circles; so we typically we're down 1 after phase 2). Tree just wasn't cutting it for the multiple Force and Verbs in p3, depending on RNG. So I tried out Soul and the boost to my HPS for the entire fight was gigantic. After that, I started using it on any fight with a lot of constant raid damage (which is most in T14) and the difference was pretty amazing HPS wise (we 2 heal everything but Ambershaper, Empress, and Tsulong, so far).

Maybe it just fits my play style really well along with my raid's desire to 2 heal everything we can to take pressure off the DPS.
Traylon
51259_99a9e9d79e33b734.png
Posted Feb 24, 13 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
I think a lot depends also on your healing partner and their class. I'm Disc and the way things are currently my druid partner barely has anything to do even in Vizier when we 2heal it. In fact last night she was even innervating me on the second platform cause she was at full mana.

4th phase gets a bit hairy but nothing the multiple Disc cds can't handle.

Ok this ended up more being me bragging, but my point is a lot can depend on your combo.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Feb 24, 13
Announcement of