Plus Heal|Site Info

5.2 stat weights for Disc

3 replies
1 posts
Untagged users
Do we have anything solid on stat weights beyond the speculation of a few raiders. Has anyone done the math yet? I haven't found anything mentioned since a much earlier ptr build. Pre-DA changes.

We only have two weeks left to prepare so I'm looking for legit numbers here. How much mastery haste and crit am I aiming for next patch?
wrote:
Exiled Legion is like the most unsubtle harem anime of all time.
zFbSTZu.png
Posted Feb 11, 13 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
My healing calculator at http://www.healadinne.com/HealCalc/healcalc.html is up to date on the new spells, and you can try to form a rotation together to see how each stat benefits you. But it's really pretty clear that crit is going to be king, crit was already better than mastery before 5.2. Haste doesn't really have any breakpoints, so it's more of a question on how much you feel comfortable as far as cast times are concerned. I'll be avoiding mastery as much as I can.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Feb 12, 13
25 posts
Untagged users
Adinne, I really appreciate how much time you have put into your healcalc, but I am too much a simpleton to utilize your page despite reading your directions 3 times. I have looked around but would really love it if someone would give me some specifice recommendations for stats in 5.2, like numbers to put into wowreforger, that I can then play around with. To make it more confusing, I play holy (main spec) and disc (off spec), although find holy to be incredibly lame right now and have actually been in reality mostly playing disc. I am looking for a good hybrid numbers. I know everyone plays this differently, I would love some people's opinions.
Posted Mar 3, 13
427 posts
Untagged users
Well the actual numbers you put are not that important as much as their relative sizes, the exact numbers tend to depend too much on your current stats. But here's some general rules to follow:

If you can afford the cost to your mana regen, haste is your best throughput stat. So you'd want to give a higher weight to it, say 0.7 vs 0.5 or 0.4 for the others, with 1 being spellpower.
Now for crit vs mastery, they are of equal importance about when your crit percent is 8-10% ahead of your heal mastery percent, when all buffs are factored in. So if you hae 15% crit percent and 18% mastery percent, you want more crit vs mastery. If you are at 20% crit and 12% mastery you're about right and they are of equal weight. If you are at 25% crit and only 12% mastery, then you'd want more mastery.

My guess is that unless you were really favoring crit before, your crit would not be that far ahead of your mastery and you'd probably want to be getting more crit.

Intellect tends to come to around 1.3 or 1.4.

I'd say if you want a hybrid spec, aim for the first decent haste breakpoint for holy, then try to keep your crit and mastery percents about the same. mastery tends to be a bit better than crit for holy, and a bit worse than crit for disc, keeping them close would be my course of action if I was playing both specs.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 3, 13
Announcement of