Plus Heal|Site Info

How to survive Elegon nhc

6 replies
6 posts
Untagged users
Hi, sorry, my group is probably not the best one but the last time we got him down to 26%, however on several try's I did always in the last phase when starting tranquility. Pls. find here my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Nozdormu/druidennacht/advanced

and here the last Elegon try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qrht2g38gz23pxx3/details/2/?s=4724&e=5275

My questions would be:
-what hints do you have for me for this bossfight in last phase
-should I stay on the haste and spirit level and go for more mastery once better gear is coming in or should I aim for 21.53% raidbuffed haste? what would be more beneficial.

thx for your tipps and tricks on how to play a healdruid! As my main is a warlock my skill as a heal is probable a big issue too, but this can only improve over time^^

thx
Druidennacht
Posted Jan 29, 13 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
Here's my guild's log http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-n9kdwet0zilm7641/sum/healingDone/?s=10174&e=10720
You'll notice we're 2healing it, but we got a similar heal combo, a disc and a druid. I see you're using a holy too, but they're really not doing too much. Might want to consider dropping to 2 heals. If you are having trouble surviving the protector explosions, tell your disc priest to start using his/her Spirit Shell, it is an amazing ability when it comes to predictable damage.

Our druid is at 485 ilvl vs your druid's 483 lvl, but she was doing 20k more hps. My disc priest is a bit ahead of yours gearwise, 487 vs 481, but I was doing 30k more hps on that fight. So there is some room for improvement I'd say. Let's see what we can find. But the most key part is that the last phase needs to last less.

Are people clearing their stacks during that last phase, at least the ranged? The way we do it is we stand near the edge, and use instant casts to jump out and clear stacks. On my disc I make sure to have penance and holy fire glyphed, and I use their cast times to clear my stacks. Also on that last phase I stick to my atonement heals, cause they heal like a truck because of the damage debuffs on the boss (penance ticking for around 100k before crits for example).

We popped hero at the beginning of the last phase, it made healing easy before things got hairy. My disc priest also prepares everyone with spirit shell before we enter last phase. I'm noticing our druid had a bit more rejuvenation on that last phase, but overall you're not far from her, she was averaging 100k on that last phase, with hero, and you were at 80k. Your disc priest should be a lot higher however, I was doing 150k healing during that last phase. He died early on during it, which didn't help at all.

So I guess what I'm saying is that your performance in that fight is not that bad. One thing you should do is I'm seeing you've specced into Nature's Vigil, but you haven't used it. You can use about 3 times on that fight, and you should definitely use it during the last phase. You're also specced into Treants but haven't used them either, so maybe speccing into one of the other two might be a better option. I have a preference for Incarnation: Tree of Life myself.

I am assuming you are killing 3 waves of orbs on each draw power, and then spend the time during the 4th wave burning the boss instead? That's what we're doing anyway.

Hope this helps a little bit, though I know it wasn't exactly what you were looking for.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Jan 29, 13
394 posts
Untagged users
Generally, the key to getting through the final phase of the fight is keeping that phase short and then going all out. In Adinne's log, you see they took 100s in the final phase.

You got 9 stacks of Draw Power on the boss. We've gotten more, but 9 is enough to win. I'm pretty impressed how well you're doing with three healers! We've only ever two-healed this fight.

Your hunter, Haab, killed himself on the outer energy stuff. Can't do that! Being down a dps that early in that phase really hurts.

You seem to be having trouble keeping tanks up during the protector explosion. My guess is this is a positioning problem and the tanks are out of range when the healers step off the platform. If you put your healers by the console, then have the tanks facing the boss to the side, and make sure your healers are in range of the tanks even when they're off the platform.

Now, as to your specific question. I handle that phase very differently than you seem to be. Just before we're able to run in, I start putting Rejuv on everyone. I keep up that rejuv blanket pretty much that entire phase. (Looks like Adinne's druid does the same thing.) With a rejuv blanket, you have to start early; there's no catching up once you're behind. That is mana intense, so you must start that final phase with full mana if you're going to last the duration. Once everyone is in place, I Swiftmend. I WG pretty much on CD. We coordinate major cooldowns, trying to have exactly one going the entire time. Speaking of cooldowns, I don't see that you used your treants? I use Nature's Vigil + Treeform as one CD, and Tranq as a second.

On our first kill, we had ranged dropping off their stacks. Only do this if your final phase takes too long. Nowadays, we have everyone stack up behind the boss for better aoe healing. I would recommend you stack like that: your dps seems good enough. You'll get better healing and damage that way, especially PW:Barrier. Stacking like this, you should be able to get through the final phase in around 90s.
Posted Jan 29, 13
6 posts
Untagged users
thx for your hints, lets see, unfortunately yesterday we had to fill our group with random dd's and the result was that we even didnt try Elegon, just striked the first 4 in MV. However I've at least used my treants and Nature's Vigil and at least healing was easier and safed some mana to be active a longer time. For sure tactics is something we'll have to improve, however I'm wondering on my equip and its values where I should go to - keep the haste level and go for mastery or go for the 21.53% haste level? Would that additional ticks be game-changing vs higher mastery or is it just a cosmetic improvement? I'd rather go now for more mastery but with the extra gem-socket coming available soon on my weapon the 21.53% are reachable.

thx
Posted Jan 30, 13 · OP
394 posts
Untagged users
http://www.healadinne.com/HealCalc/healcalc.html is a handy tool for evaluating that kind of question. For example, importing myself and using the rotation

Will%20of%20the%20Emperor&Druid&time:600&100:34&3:39&30:36&60:35&20:37&30:32&50:33&3:30

Then I added haste to the breakpoint and noted the numbers, then reverted haste and added the same to mastery. For me, haste looks slightly more potent for raw hps, but mastery for "eff hps". It's only 3% either way. I'm personally leaving haste near the 3043 mark for this tier.
Posted Jan 30, 13
427 posts
Untagged users
And if you don't want to use a full "rotation", but you want to compare individual spells instead, you can hover over the HPS value of any spell, and see on the right how much 1000 more of the stat would benefit it. If you now want to find out what the effect of reaching a new haste cap would be, do the following:

On the left side, in the section called Haste Points, you can see how much haste rating would be required to reach your desired haste breakpoint. Then use that as the "Stat Amount" on the right side, where you see the benefits of adding that much to a stat. When I did that for your stats, it shows me that haste is 3 times as good as other secondary stats for Swiftmend, and 4 times as good for Wild Growth. This is for the HPS benefit, which takes into account the shortening of the gcd as well as the extra ticks you get. If you want to only focus on the tick benefit, hover over the "Average Heal" column instead, then you see haste being much closer to the other stats for Swiftmend/WG, and of course completely useless for the other spells.

In general, in terms of increase in HPS, haste is the best of your secondary stats, but of course it suffers the fact that it doesn't really increase the overall healing you can do (except when you pass breakpoints), just how fast you can do it. If faster healing is not something you worry about, I think mastery is much better for you all around. In terms of healing you can do, I don't think aiming for the next breakpoint is worth it, unless you have ample mana to spare and can afford to keep an active rotation at that much higher haste level.

In general it is the case that the first extra tick of a hot is worth reaching, while subsequent ticks aren't as worth it. The reason for that is that the first tick tends to need a lot less haste, than moving from the first tick to the second.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Jan 30, 13
6 posts
Untagged users
Thanks to all for your tricks and tipps, I could improve my equip and as well changed may way how to play and then Elegon was going done like all the others before, without any problem - as an extra we cleared MV as the last boss was not that tricky for us. thx
Posted Feb 20, 13 · OP
Notices