Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 3

2 healing Gara'jal

27 replies
427 posts
Untagged users
scarletfire wrote:
If you only heal yourself and your team members up to full and no more your mana return will be limited. Overhealing in the spirit realm is a really good thing!

I'm gonna play devil's advocate on this one, I always leave the moment I have gotten everyone up, and haven't had any problems. The buff you get essentially allows you to spam Flash Heal till it expires and still be at full mana at the end of it. Plus if you make sure to alternate the two healers, so that noone ends up staying out too long, you literally cannot get your mana low enough to worry about it.

That buff is in the order of 15k mana per second. By comparison, a spirit focusing disc priest, including all buffs, gets at most 6-7k mana per second from normal means. Other specs are closer to 4-5k.

My point is by the time you get yourself up, the buff you get should be enough to keep you going till the totem after next, more of the buff would literally be wasted. I think getting out fast so the other healer can be relieved is more important.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Jan 19, 13
394 posts
Untagged users
When I'm healing folks in the spirit realm, I've very often spent mana at the rate the mana regen buff was returning it to me. So long as I make sure to refresh it before I leave, I've always had enough regen to get full and stay full for a bit afterwards, so it may just be that step that's key. By getting out slower, we often have the same healer voodoo dolled several times in a row; I could see getting out sooner as a nice improvement there. But by staying behind, I'm able to push the buff higher on the dps.
Posted Jan 19, 13
29 posts
Untagged users
Oh that's an interesting point Adinne. I think when we were working on this fight our main issue was not being able to produce enough dps to kill him before his enrage. Hence we (the healers) would try to stay as long as we could to stack the buff as high as we could on the dps. Thinking more about it, The majority of my heals are on the dps rather than on myself... We've kind of stuck with that tactic ever since. It does mean that often we get a run of consecutive voodoo dolls on one healer but I don't recall either of us healers finding it to be too much of a problem. Having said that, I can't deny it would be preferable if each healer was able to rotate into the spirit realm in turn.
Posted Jan 20, 13
23 posts
Untagged users
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help and info. Seems that I had misunderstood hat mana-subject then. Tonight we will have our try again on him. I will point all my raiders to this topic so they can take this with them. Hopefully I can bring back some good news! Also happy to hear that MV at least is 2 healable fully. Now I can kick their ass just a little bit more :sick:.
Posted Jan 21, 13 · OP
97 posts
Untagged users
During our intial wins on this guy it was almost impartitive to get into the spirit realm every other turn.

However, this was more of a learning curve reason then a need for mana. If DPS can kill the spirits quick enough and the tanks who have Voodoo (and the healers if applicable) use defensive cooldowns to reduce damage going out then the need for fast ineffiecent heals deminish and thus the need to go in and get the buff.

Now we really only have 4, maybe 5, rotations in and I am usually stuck out for all but the first one without any real mana troubles. And my spirit has always been pretty low, on purpose, (until very recently, now its just medicore).

As far as 2 healing goes. My raid pretty much is 2 healing everything thus far. (Currently on the last boss in HoF on normal, which is less impressive than I'd like to brag about).

-Leare
-Leare
-Glaze
-Binbin
Posted Jan 21, 13
23 posts
Untagged users
DOWN! *does a little dance around*. He wasn't that difficult after all. Thank you guys :sick:.
Posted Jan 21, 13 · OP
99 posts
Untagged users
Excellent - glad you got him down!
Morality is not obedience. Morality derives from empathy and a sense of communal obligation with our fellow human beings.
- PZ Myers
Posted Jan 21, 13
29 posts
Untagged users
Ishtira wrote:
DOWN! *does a little dance around*. He wasn't that difficult after all. Thank you guys :sick:.

Woohoo! Gratz! :sick:
Posted Jan 21, 13
Page
of 3
Announcement of