Plus Heal|Site Info

Unreliable Haste Buff -- Should I Reforge to Reach Unbuffed Haste Breakpoint

6 replies
9 posts
Untagged users
Hello!

I raid with a ten-man group. I'm currently at 3053 for haste. Our only haste buff provider, our shadow priest, has been either sitting or healing as of late. I've mentioned several times the need for the haste buff not only for me, our dpsers as well. So far my requests have fallen on deaf ears. Our hunters are not interested in picking up a sporebat pet as it will hurt their dps. It looks as though in the future I will not have the buff for raiding. (Please, no negative comments about their lack of consideration. I'm well aware and trying to make the best of the situation).

Should I reforge to the unbuffed point of 5320? I get the impression it will gimp my healing bigtime to swap mastery for haste, and my spirit is under 6k so I don't want to take anything out of spirit. Thoughts?
Posted Jan 15, 13 · OP
394 posts
Untagged users
As things stand right now, your Rejuv is 25% more effective with the buff, which translates to about 8% more healing (using my normal healing breakdown.)

Without the 5% buff, you're only a little over the first Wild Growth breakpoint, so I wouldn't suggesting giving up haste. I presume you've already reforged all your crit to spirit or haste?

So let's consider reforging mastery down to boost haste up. You have to give up 2267 mastery, which would reduce your healing by around 4%. That is less than the 8% for the breakpoint, though, and I figure doing both will result in a net increase of about 5% when you don't have the buff.

However, reforging mastery->haste will mean that when you DO have the buff, you get basically nothing from it, so you're worse off in this situation by about 3% than in your current gear. Given that you expect to be without the buff most of the time, I'd guess you're better off reforging. Personally, I like making rejuv more hpct, and I like the intangibles of more haste. I don't know that I'd call either situation being "gimped bigtime", though.

(All estimates done using the HealCalc rotation feature.)
Posted Jan 15, 13
29 posts
Untagged users
Hang on a sec...

Don't all hunter pets do the same DPS now in MoP? I'm pretty sure they've all been normalised so unless I'm missing something I can't see how it would hurt their personal DPS by switching pet...
Posted Jan 15, 13
9 posts
Untagged users
When MoP hit I changed my healing style to not rely on Rejuv. As it is, I don't cast it often. I wonder if the next breakpoint will really help me? Interesting thought: I need to examine my healing style and see which breakpoints are most valuable to me before messing with my gear.

Yes, all my crit is reforged into spirit/haste/mastery. My numbers:

Int 17353
Spi 5477
Mast 6629
Haste 3053
Crit 2764

I usually run with Incarnation and swap between NV and HotW. I have a Burning Primal meta equipped, and no set bonus (unlucky in lfr, just now working on Galaron).

@scarletfire: Is that so? I'll press the issue again after I get some research to back me up :sick:
Posted Jan 16, 13 · OP
394 posts
Untagged users
@scarletfire It depends on the rest of the raid composition, but I could certainly imagine that the hunters are currently supplying other buffs & debuffs that help them. For example, they may be using a Physical Vulnerability pet and an Increased Attack Speed pet.

@Banakh You may wish to revisit that decision: Rejuv is still a very strong heal both in terms of hps and hpm (so long as it's not all overheal, of course.)
Posted Jan 16, 13
9 posts
Untagged users
Thanks for the tips, guys! As luck would have it, our Affliction Warlock leaned pretty heavily on one of our hunters earlier in the week and she now has a sporebat for us haste hounds. Oleander, I've started to work Rejuv back into my play. We're now getting to the enrage timer on Garalon with everyone alive. Thanks again!
Posted Jan 18, 13 · OP
394 posts
Untagged users
Great! that's certainly the best for your healing :sick:

As for hitting the enrage on Garalon, I suggest reading the 10-man garalon thread if you haven't already
Posted Jan 19, 13
Announcement of