Plus Heal|Site Info

Bolstering the Raider Ranks

4 replies
98 posts
Untagged users
Well so far MOP has not been to kind - we continue to try to recruit but with limited success.
Frankly our progression is not exciting enough to entice people to server transfer, and Alleria has become a relatively low pop sever these days. We are the only guild that raids "late night" 12-3 CST Tues-Wed-Thurs, and it seems that there just isnt the people on line at that time of night who wish to raid for our recruitment efforts to succeed.

We will keep at the recruiting but in the mean time we are thinking to try to cultivate some relationships with other guilds on high pop servers who raid at our time and may have an excess of raiders. Using real-id invites we could offer then a spot for some raid action and a chance at gear. That the idea anyway.

Has anyone had any experience with this approach or any thoughts?

Thanks
Calaban.
Morality is not obedience. Morality derives from empathy and a sense of communal obligation with our fellow human beings.
- PZ Myers
Posted Dec 6, 12 · OP
75 posts
Untagged users
The times I've approached guilds with similar schedules in the hopes of ensuring both groups maintained a functional roster, I've been met with mostly suspicion. This seems to hold true for this expansion, however if the past repeats itself then near the end of any tier people have Alts sufficiently geared to fill in for other guilds. Unfortunately, we've always struggled mid-tier and more acutely during the weeks leading up to and following a major Holiday.
Luckily, we've been able to draw on some retired players to fill the gaps while we push the recruitment. When it comes to recruitment (at least on my server, Dalaran-US) the majority of newcomers are transfers so I never rely on /2 spam or server forums alone to recruit. The official WoW recruitment thread is my usual "go to".

Although it doesn't help right now, nor for any "current tier" of raiding I have used and taken advantage of websites that organize RealID groups such as OPENRAID.

With respect to the recruitment thread, copy/pasting a generic description rarely cuts it (imho). I take the time to write a small paragraph at the very top with the person's name and highlighting how much our interests/progression overlap followed by a: "More info? See below:" Always provide you Battletag (imho) since people may get a "Hey this sounds great/perfect for me" and they'll wish to act on that feeling immediately.

Hope something in the above blather is helpful :)
Posted Dec 6, 12
18 posts
Untagged users
Whiskeydave wrote:
The times I've approached guilds with similar schedules in the hopes of ensuring both groups maintained a functional roster, I've been met with mostly suspicion.

Yes words like "poaching" always come up. Watch out for clique groups forming, or the perception of this by the raiders who dont get invites each week, and the competition to be in the more progressed A-team rather than the second-rate B-team. These issues are surmountable but it takes very strong leadership.

We are also in a tough recruiting spot. Last night on Aman'thul we couldnt even pug a DPS for a carry through MSV.
Posted Dec 6, 12
2 posts
Untagged users
I mean this from the deepest of my heart; Good luck with recruitment. =] and have nice a day
plagiarism
seo consultant dubai
Posted Oct 8, 13
98 posts
Untagged users
Thanks for the thoughts - we continue to struggle with recruitment - its never a solved problem - but still having fun.
Morality is not obedience. Morality derives from empathy and a sense of communal obligation with our fellow human beings.
- PZ Myers
Posted Oct 8, 13 · OP
Announcement of