427 posts
Untagged users
I had to redownload the client.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Nov 13, 12
394 posts
Untagged users
The timing is important going in both directions for the spirit realm. Our guideline is that everyone should be out with 10s left on the debuff (if possible.) We got our kill shortly after installing Gara'jalAnnounce. This shaved crucial seconds off getting everyone into the totem ring, which is super important. It lines things up better when they come out (you need everyone out before the next totem appears), and it makes it less likely that the voodoo debuff changes targets to someone designated to go to the spirit realm (when this happens, it usually wipes us.) (I swear going in early gives you more time in the spirit world, too.)

Something I do as a druid is to hot the designated people before we change phases, while the dps are moving into place and breaking the totem. I'd guess as disc you could PoM someone and renew before changing phases. I doubt the health reduction can be absorbed, which is too bad for disc.
Posted Nov 13, 12
177 posts
Untagged users
Grab another healer and only 3 dps to get the job done.
Scream at people to use their health stone when you are alone with them and need a boost.
Ask a druid to hot people in the group you are going down with, before the totem is killed.
Do spam flash heal and bindinh heal, I can't see how that is not enough to top up 4 people before going up again.
Just need to make sure to go down with enough mana to be able to do so, so keep your spamming outside the spirit realm in check.
Posted Nov 20, 12
55 posts
Untagged users
Curse Client is working for me again - thanks for telling me it had an update Adinne. Things went much better this week from the healing side on this boss. I switched up my talents and got FDCL. I also popped Halo when I went down. I hadn't considered it before since it's less healing at short proximity - but it's still group wide healing on a single cd. I had no problems getting the DPS up this time.

We run 10 mans and we two healed - me with a lightly geared holy priest (an enchanter who can't even bother to enchant his own gear, but I digress). He was also able to keep up with the healing in the spirit realm. We struggle to fill 10 mans these days (lost some folks to GW2), so we had 1 person who had never done the fight on normal, plus two that had never even done raid finder because of low gear scores. Our best attempt had him at 10% when the enrage timer hit. It was purely a matter of execution. Extra DPS running into the totem and preventing healer from going down, people forgetting to hit button to get out of spirit world, etc. We have zero room for error because we barely make DPS requirements. First run was Friday - we were confident we would down him Sat but that raid got called off for poor attendance.

The raid leader decided to use the Gara'jal Announce addon about halfway through the attempts. He found it very helpful from a time savings perspective. The one thing the addon can't do is measure skill - if we were selecting people, we would know who screws up their button more often.
137544_2196ef67f1889b44.png
Posted Nov 20, 12 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
The Garajal announce addon allows you to change the priority order on the dps, so you can prioritize those that know what they're doing or that are particularly good at shadow world (eg dot classes). You can even set some people to "high priority", to always be sent if available.

The one thing we had trouble with with the addon is that dbm's marking of the voodoo dolls uses one common symbol, so we had to disable dbm's marking.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Nov 20, 12
3 posts
Untagged users
I don't have any problem healing in the spirit realm as Disc. We typically have one dps that stays in a long time killing the adds and one that gets back out quickly. I pop Inner Focus and Greater Heal on the dps that is to get back out quickly and then spam binding heal on the second dps until he's topped off. I'm out of there in about 10 seconds or so.
Posted Nov 21, 12
1 posts
Untagged users
I dont have an issue with this fight as Disc - when I go down - FH myself to full, hit fade - then FH / Penance the others in a few secs, its not an issue.
Main fight - atonement, penance as dmg, stack angel, cascade on CD PoM on CD, use PI/IF and SS on CD together, use PwS if anyone gets on real trouble, Barrier when it gets really ugly at the end.
r1vv.png
Posted Dec 24, 12
Page
of 2
Announcement of