Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 2

10 Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

17 replies
17 posts
Untagged users
My guild just wiped to this boss for 4 hours today and no kill :(. Right from the beginning, we were consistently getting to the final phase, but as people above have mentioned, MCs right before F&V kept screwing us over. Sometimes we'd have 2 healers get MC'd. One healer cannot heal it alone. Two is barely enough, and that's if we have cds, which we don't always by the 3rd one.

I'm a resto druid, and I heal it with a disc priest and a holy paladin. We do 1st one: personal cds, healthstone, my tranq, 2nd: disc bubble, PI, and pally cds, 3rd: moonkin tranq, my incarnation + NV. If there were no MCs, we'd probably have killed it long ago, but something always goes wrong.

How are other people handling the MCs? Are you just CCing them for F&V so they don't attack you? Are you bursting them down before it? Are they getting healed up/into a bubble in time? We got him so close so many times; it just killed me to have to save it for next week :(.
Posted Nov 6, 12
Sammyjo06, What is your raid comp for this (you are one tanking, correct?)

You DPS should be putting things on cd that could pwn the raid (eg. fears, deterrence). Myself and the other paladin would call out who we were going to HoJ right away.

I think a lot of it has to due with communication (people should be dodging everything anyways - in hard mode those rings hit like a truck).

I saw something on MMO where they were discussing using a PVP trinket. It's a charm, so I don't know if it will work....but I am going to try it tonight.

Good luck with this lockout.

- GG

edit: Confirmed that trinketing doesn't work. I've seen quite a number of posts that HM for him is very challenging...given WOWprogress hasn't recorded any kills for two days now...I assume this is correct.
Mayleen-sig_zps210ec35d.png
Posted Nov 6, 12 · Last edited Nov 8, 12
17 posts
Untagged users
We have either a DK or a warrior tanking (was a DK last night). We have no problems with healing him or really anyone else during any part of the encounter except for force and verve, and even then our only difficulty is mind controls right before the force and verve.

Here's our full raid comp if it helps, though:

Tank:
DK (or war, but just 1 tank)

Healers:

Resto druid (me)
Disc priest
Holy paladin

Ranged dps:
Shadow priest
Moonkin
Lock (I think affliction, I forget what spec he was last night though)

Melee dps:
Assassination rogue
Ret paladin
Monk

Basically, our cds for the force and verve involve some combination of our 2 tranqs, disc bubble (she normally can cover first and middle bubbles with it), pally cds (both our paladins are spec'd for double bops plus our holy paladin's cds), other priest/druid cds like PI/SS/AA/Tree/NV etc., with personal cds and healthstones.

But like I said, no one really dies until we get the MCs before the F&V, and then we're screwed. We've had times where 2 of our 3 healers get it, or when someone is broken out just before and they're outside the bubble when it hits and they die (we've tried deathgripping them in, which helps some).

Our attenuation dodging is pretty decent. If anything, it's me and the disc priest that fail at that the most, but we're getting better and since we're healers, we can cover for ourselves a bit better than we could for the other raid members (I usually switch the 3 stack of lifeblooms from the tank to me for that phase since I'm bad and get hit sometimes and the tank doesn't take dmg during that phase). Obviously something that could be perfected, but not really what's wiping us.

I'm sure trinkets don't break MC or humans would be way OP for that...The only help it would be is if the MC'd people stun you or something, and probably not worth the loss of a pve trinket.
Posted Nov 6, 12
20 posts
Untagged users
Sammyjo06, If you get a druid to symbiosis the shadow priest, it will give you a third tranq.

But yeah, we were getting to 3% left on the boss, and then MC's would wreck us, if I hear "oops, unlucky crit, sorry" from a mage once more I'm going to scream.
Posted Nov 6, 12 · Last edited Nov 6, 12
277 posts
Untagged users
For MCs, my raid seems to be bursting them down and then we healers top them up as quickly as possible. The times that we wiped were almost always because the MCs were up to long. Also, dispelling is important. We found poisons from our Rogue, DoTs from our Warlock/Shadow Priest, etc. can really hurt after a MC is broken. A priest can Mass Dispell and all healers can remove something. We also emphasized personal survival--if you're MC'ed, you know you're going to come out of MC with low health so do whatever you can to help keep yourself alive after coming out of an MC. Stunning them so they do less damage to others is also important--every class/spec (even healers!) now have some form of CC that is useful (even a daze is beneficial on a melee as it means they run to people slowly).

And then there's just being unlucky. We only had 1 go where 2 healers were MC'd and it resulted in a pretty quick wipe. I'm not sure how we could have come out of that differently.

It is important to remember all of the cooldowns available to a raid other that what healers bring. Warriors (tank and DPS) have Rallying Cry which is 10% less damage taken by the whole raid--that is an absolute life saver during F&V. All Paladins have Devotion Aura (-20% magic damage taken). I seem to think DKs have something too but I'm not recalling.

Basically, make sure every tool in everyone's toolbox is being used.
Officerchat.org - guild advice for guild leaders
Posted Nov 7, 12
18 posts
Untagged users
A small correction, all sources of damage in this fight are Physical damage (including Force and Verve) so Devo Aura and other magic damage redns dont work :(
Posted Nov 7, 12
277 posts
Untagged users
Noodlenose wrote:
A small correction, all sources of damage in this fight are Physical damage (including Force and Verve) so Devo Aura and other magic damage redns dont work :(

Ah, good point!

My raid is lucky with double Warrior Rallying Cry then :sick:
Officerchat.org - guild advice for guild leaders
Posted Nov 8, 12
394 posts
Untagged users
Noodlenose wrote:
Force & Verve and Sonic Rings may be physical, but I know I've taken 400k fire damage from a mage gone crazy before...

We've killed this boss for weeks now, and it seems to still be a matter of getting lucky with how MCs go out in phase 4.
Posted Dec 21, 12
Page
of 2
Notices