Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 2

Stuck on a heal if person dies

14 replies
19 posts
Untagged users
Except I don't use any macros connected to vuhdo.
It's all in the internal key local setup IN vuhdo.

Problem solved itself slightly last night during the raid when I refrained from killing off people.
118107_950dd246e1308431.png
Posted Dec 1, 11 · OP
Iza a
711 posts
Admins
Moderators
@emmelise That's a gooid approach :)
@Zohar I think the problem is not trying to heal dead people because this should make [help] conditional false already, from what I understood it is healing people who are dying during the spell cast(?).
Posted Dec 2, 11
886 posts
Untagged users
Yeah dying during cast can't be helped but If the spell has a cast time though, it just fails mid way through for me.

Help doesn't imply dead/nodead status. If you type
/cast [help] Heal
and try to fire it off at a dead person, it will still try to do it and you'll get an error message saying it can't be done. Help will imply existence (as will dead) hence why you don't need to write [help,exists] or [dead,exists] but help won't imply dead/nodead status in any way which is why I write [help,nodead] in all my macros.

Just tested it now to confirm
/cast [help] Heal
on a dead person will generate a gray hand on vuhdo or outside of it.
/cast [help,nodead] Heal
on a dead person does nothing

If the spell is instant, the spell is redirected or just fails. This is often the case with GS. I fire it off at the tank but in the meantime tank dies. This takes a few miliseconds to register with the frames. Instead the GS fires off on me sometimes (even though in the macro, there is no fallback to cast on me if it fails on my target, nor is default selfcast if nothing works enabled) but this can't be helped. If the latency is good, the spell will appropriately not cast at all.
Posted Dec 2, 11 · Last edited Dec 2, 11
390 posts
Untagged users
I was encountering another flavor of this issue on Ultraxion. When people would leave the twilight realm mid-cast, I would be locked out of casting for a bit. I hadn't noticed the "cast a different spell" thing people mention above; I'll have to keep that in mind.
Posted Dec 2, 11
Iza a
711 posts
Admins
Moderators
@zohar: I never knew this , will reconsider macro generation then.
Posted Dec 3, 11
Page
of 2
Announcement of