263 posts
Admins
Moderators
WHOOPS, my bad. I'll nuke it.

I didn't think priests would get two back to back new abilities :|
Posted Mar 29, 12 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
There there, have a cookie. Well pallies get to make their charger shine with bright light, how cool is that! Come to think of it, I don't think my charger is in my bars any more. And of course let's not forget the glyph of righteous retreat!

I can just see the discussions in vent if this spell goes through:
Priest: Spread out guys and move away from me, I'm going to cast Cascade.
Paladin: Stack up guys, time for some Holy Radiance action.

You are right though, we should move this to the priest thread.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 29, 12
409 posts
Admins
Moderators
I actually got into the beta not too long ago myself, so I'll do my best to provide some answers here. :thumb:

Reezimus wrote:
yay! we got a holy pally on the inside!

what are your cast times for Divine and Holy light in beta? If I remember correctly Im at 1.79secs on live. Curious to know what its like in Beta.

Oh, and judgements for holy, is it still the current model of 1 judge every 60 secs, or is it back to judging on cooldown?

did i read it wrong or is HR mana drastically reduced? I know actual numbers mean little right now, but still curious.

On beta, my cast time for both the Divine and Holy Light spells is 2.19 sec, whereas on live it's 1.94/1.95 sec (with and without a relic equipped, respectively) with Judgements of the Pure and 2.12 sec without. It's definitely noticeably slower on target dummy tests. Additionally, the haste rating to haste % conversion seems to have changed, as my 1809 haste rating (relic unequipped) grants me only 14.13% haste on beta compared to 17.55% on live. That looks even worse with the relic equipped and Judgements of the Pure active on live, as that nets me 28.45% haste.

Also, Holy Paladins still only need to cast Judgement once per minute to keep the Judgements of the Pure buff active. No need to cast it on cooldown. Just remember that the buff itself has had the haste portion removed, so it only provides mana regen now.

As for Holy Radiance mana cost, on beta it's currently 7000 mana to cast as a level 85 Holy Paladin with 102,000 total mana after normalization (unaffected by gear and Kings). Compare this to live, where it's currently 9369 mana to cast with a variable mana pool (in 392 average item level gear, mine sits at 130,705 without Kings and 136,060 with it). In other words, it takes roughly the same percentage of my total mana (~7.0%ish) on both beta and live servers. If you're better geared than I am the change may work against you, whereas if you're worse geared than I am then it favors you slightly. Armory link if you're curious about the gear (mix of Raid Finder and normal Dragon Soul stuff): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/feathermoon/gryphonheart/advanced

Poly wrote:
There there, have a cookie. Well pallies get to make their charger shine with bright light, how cool is that!

Sadly the glyph effect is not yet implemented, but I'll do my best to take a screenshot once it is. :(
Posted Apr 3, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
I am noticing a very interesting change in Daybreak: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/88821-daybreak#15508-15544
Looks like Holy Shock gets the Efflorescence treatment, and becomes an official part of our AoE rotation?
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Apr 6, 12
76 posts
Untagged users
I suppose it doesnt change much. Most people were already doing HR HR HS LOD. And dividing an HS among all raiders really doesnt count for much. Better than nothing and better supports our AoE rotation, but it isnt ZOMG DIS CHANGES EVERYZING!!!!

I think, though, I prefered the double HS. I like saving them for tank dmg, etc.
Posted Apr 6, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
I actually often found myself doing HR (Blessed Life) HS LoD every second rotation or so, or maybe 2 HRs and the BL proc instead. Yeah it does seem pretty weak at the moment, but then again if it was stronger then druids would have nothing left going for them. It just might be enough to not make me feel too bad every time I use it instead of an HR. Would be nice if they did buff it a little bit.

Sigh, if only I would get my beta invite already so I can test things for myself ... Then again, without the beta I have all this free time to spend in more useful activities.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Apr 6, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
I added some thoughts on the glyphs and talents at the end of my pally post here: http://plusheal.com/forum/page/1/m/1833799/viewthread/2848616-healycrafting-for-mop (Look for the "Odds and Ends" bit)

But here's a summary and some more thoughts:
  1. Currently Holy Radiance actually does not heal for much. It heals its first target for about 9k, and each target up to 6 for half that, 4500. The total healing is around 35k, which given its cast time is very poor. Holy Shock and pretty much every other spell Except Holy Light has a higher HPS. Radiance's benefits are that it spreads the healing amongst all, so less overhealing when everyone has a bit of damage, and that it stacks a Holy Power. But I think the extra spread Holy Shock we are getting from Daybreak will be totally used.
  2. Light of Dawn seems to be fairly poor too, compared to Word of Glory. If WoG were to overheal by about 20% or so, then that would bring it in line with LoD.
  3. Level 45 talents are all OMG. Eternal Life's HPCT is absolutely ridiculous when used at 3HP, but a lot of it will be overhealing. Selfless Healer really makes Judg+FL an extremely efficient combo.
  4. Divine Plea is fairly useless, amounting to about 500mp5. Compare that to 800mp5 from using a flask, or 240mp5 from the food buff. DP will be less than 10% of our mana sources.
  5. Assuming FL is used more because of Selfless Healer, the Glyph of FoL, making next heal 10% stronger, might prove very very interesting.
  6. Glyph of Illumination is useless, it cannot catch up to Spirit regen.

Here's the two most interesting ones for me:
  7. Beacon of light mana free, on 3 second CD, but can be glyphed to not trigger GCD. I can see that getting a lot of use by constantly moving the beacon around every 3 seconds to maximize healing 2 people. I will go insane having to pick a beacon target every 3 seconds.
  8. Guardian of Ancient Kings, gives us 10% haste every time he heals, for 4-5 seconds (can't test on beta now) and stacking up to 5 times. I can see us weaving in lots of HRs and LoDs in order to keep that haste buff for as long as possible.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Apr 27, 12
Page
of 3
Announcement of