Plus Heal|Site Info

Alternative for Power Auras

7 replies
Bene
Hi all, does anyone know an alternative for Power Auras Classic? I am looking for a lightweight mod that can track procs & custom debuffs on me, and also notifies when certain abilities are available / off cooldown.
Although most people are euforic about Power Auras, i am quite sceptic about the addon. It's a massive resource hog and i suspect it to be the cause of a lot of my stuttering; i find it's cpu usage unjustifiable. Any recommendations for similar addons?

Thanks in advance!
Posted Oct 25, 10 · OP
Zusterke
I don't know of a single addon that can reproduce all those options but a collection could.
- EventAlert
- SexyCooldown
- ForteXorcist
- Cooldowntimers
- Satrina Buff Frames

Did I miss a spot?
Posted Oct 25, 10 · OP
oredith
depends on exactly what you're looking for, NeedToKnow is fairly low overhead mod that may fit part of the bill.

but POWA is pretty unique in what it offers, I don't think I would be nearly as efficient if i didn't have it.
Posted Oct 25, 10 · OP
zohar101
The most flexible ones I've found with this were Filger (or its reincarnation sFilger), sFilter(and sFilter2 which are Shantalaya's addons originally) and rFilter2 (or its newest rFilter3).
Unfortunately the reincarnations of the original mods mostly lost their ability to show CDs but still can show procs and buffs and debuffs.
Well I take that back. Zork just added CDs back into rfilter3 so it can track cds again.
Now this is nothing like poweraura in its ability to show different graphics and have sounds etc. The display is very simple. You have icons that in most cases you can only skin and play with their alpha ie. they fade when on cd and come back when off cd.
But it does its job. You can track buffs, debuffs, on self or on your target/focus, procs and cds (in select cases as I mentioned).
Posted Oct 25, 10 · OP · Last edited Oct 26, 10
tylerftc
oredith wrote:
depends on exactly what you're looking for, NeedToKnow is fairly low overhead mod that may fit part of the bill.

but POWA is pretty unique in what it offers, I don't think I would be nearly as efficient if i didn't have it.

Teach me the powa it harnesses, I feel like I don't use this nearly enough.
Posted Oct 25, 10 · OP
Bene
Many thanks for the suggestions guys, i will check them out! Especially the rFilter mod draws my attention. In the past i used Tellmewhen as a replacement, and i was thinking of picking it up again, but i read it has problems with tracking the availability of Holy Word spells - which would be one of the main things i'd use it for.

And yeah, i agree, the concept of powa is awesome.. makes it hard to replace :D
Posted Oct 27, 10 · OP
ladyofdragons
Has no one mentioned GoodNewsEveryone? I've never used it but from my understanding it's similar to Powa. I think with less graphics though, just icons? You could experiment with that.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14426-GoodNewsEveryone.html
Posted Oct 27, 10 · OP
zohar101
GNE is awesome, I use it too.
But it handles only procs, and self buffs I think. Not sure about debuffs and I'm sure it doesn't handle cds or target's buffs/debuffs.
Posted Oct 27, 10 · OP
Announcement of