Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 2

Druid Information

17 replies
262 posts
Admins
Moderators
Didn't forget you guys. Just passed out on my desk.

Spells

Cenarion Ward: Heals the target for 4378 every 2 sec for 6 sec. 40 yd range and Instant cast.

Disentanglement: Now heals the Druid for 20% of maximum health when shifting into a form. This heal cannot be received more often than once every 30 sec.

Faerie Swarm: New. Grants an improved version of Faerie Fire that also reduces the target's movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. This talent replaces Faerie Fire.

Healing Touch: Now costs 25% of base mana, down from 30%. Cast time reduced to 2.5 sec, down from 3 sec.

Incarnation: Tree of Life: Now lasts 30 sec, up from 25 sec. No longer costs mana. You may freely shapeshift in and out of this form for its duration.

Innervate: Now grants 10% mana regeneration, up from 5%. Now grants 10% additional mana regeneration when cast on the player, down from 15%.

Living Seed: Now only procs off of the direct healing portion of the spells. No longer grants "a chance to plant a Living Seed", instead just will "plant a Living Seed".

Mark of the Wild: Now grants Intellect instead of Stamina. No longer grants increased magical resistances. Now costs 22% of base mana, down from 24%.

Swiftmend: No longer named Efflorescence. Instantly heals a friendly target that has an active Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect for 9805, and restores 1177 health to the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.

Symbiosis: New. Creates a symbiotic link which grants the Druid one ability belonging to the target's class, varying by the Druid's specialization. In exchange, grants the target one Druid ability based on their class and combat role. Lasts 1 hour and persists through death. Cannot be cast on other Druids. Effect cancelled if Druid and target become too far apart. 4% of base mana, 6 sec cast, 30 yd range.

Wild Mushroom: Bloom: New. Grow a magical Mushroom with 5 Health at the target location. After 6 sec, the Mushroom will become invisible. When triggered by the Druid, all Mushrooms will bloom healing all allies within 6 yards for 4264 to 5159. Only 3 Mushrooms can be placed at one time. Use Wild Mushroom: Bloom to trigger all Mushrooms.

Ironbark: New. The target's skin becomes as tough as Ironwood, reducing all damage taken by 20%. Lasts 12 sec. 40 yd range, 2 min cooldown, Instant cast.

Lifebloom: Now costs 5% of base mana, down from 7%. Now the duration is refreshed each time you cast Healing Touch, Nourish, or Regrowth on the target.

Malfurion's Gift: Reworked: The cooldown of your Tranquility spell is reduced to 3 minutes.

Nature's Cure: Now cures harmful effects on the friendly target, removing all Magic, Curse, and Poison effects. 15% of base mana, 8 sec cooldown, Instant cast.

Omen of Clarity: Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 4% chance to cause you to enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the Mana, Rage or Energy cost of your next cast-time damaging or healing spell or offensive feral ability by 100%.

Regrowth: Now costs 29% of base mana, down from 35%. Now also has a 60% increased chance for a critical effect and its duration automatically refreshes to 6 sec each time it heals targets at or below 50% health.

Revitalize: Reworked: When you periodically heal with your Rejuvenation or Lifebloom spells, you have a 20% chance to instantly regenerate 2% of your total mana. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12 sec.

Swiftmend: Now costs 8% of base mana, down from 10%. Reworked: Instantly heals a friendly target that has an active Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect for 9805, and restores 1177 health to the three most injured allies within 8 yards of the initial target every 1 sec for 7 sec.

Glyphs

Glyph of Amberskin Protection
Reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by 25% while Barkskin is active.

Glyph of Cat Form
Increases healing done to you by 20% while in Cat Form.

Glyph of Claw
Your Claw and Mangle (Cat) attacks reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 12 sec.

Glyph of Cyclone
Increases the range of your Cyclone spell by 4 yards.

Glyph of Fae Silence
Faerie Fire used in Bear Form also silences the target for 3 sec, but triggers a 15 sec cooldown.

Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration
While Frenzied Regeneration is active healing effects on you are 40% more powerful, but causes your Frenzied Regeneration to cost 60 Rage initially and no longer convert rage into health.

Glyph of Grace
Feline Grace reduces falling damage even while not in Cat Form.

Glyph of Healing Touch
When you cast Healing Touch, the cooldown on your Swiftmend is reduced by 1 sec.

Glyph of Lifebloom
While not in Tree of Life Form, casting Lifebloom on a new target grants that target as many applications as the old target had.

Glyph of Mark of the Wild
Mana cost of your Mark of the Wild reduced by 90%.

Glyph of Master Shapeshifter
Reduces the mana cost of all shapeshifts by 90%.

Glyph of Might of Ursoc
Increases the health gain from Might of Ursoc by 20%, but increases the cooldown by 2.0 min.

Glyph of Nature's Grasp
Reduces the cooldown of Nature's Grasp by (30000/-1000) sec.

Glyph of Prowl
Reduces the movement penalty of Prowl by 100%.

Glyph of Regrowth
Increases the critical strike chance of your Regrowth by 40%, but removes the periodic component of the spell.

Glyph of Shred
While Berserk or Tiger's Fury is active, Shred and Ravage have no positional requirement.

Glyph of Skull Bash
Increases the duration of your Skull Bash interrupt by 4 sec, but increases the cooldown by 10 sec.

Glyph of Stampede
You can now cast Stampeding Roar without being in Bear Form or Cat Form.

Glyph of Stampeding Roar - Increases the radius of Stampeding Roar by 30 yards.

Glyph of Stars
Your Moonkin Form ability is replaced with Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but now appearing as an astrally enhanced version of your normal humanoid form.

Glyph of Survival Instincts
Reduces the cooldown of Survival Instincts by (60000/-1000) sec, but reduces its duration by 50%.

Glyph of the Chameleon
Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.

Glyph of the Orca
Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.

Glyph of the Predator
Your Track Humanoids ability now also tracks beasts.

Glyph of the Stag
Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.
Posted Mar 22, 12 · OP · Last edited Mar 27, 12
262 posts
Admins
Moderators
Added changed Druid skills as of 3/26.
Posted Mar 27, 12 · OP
107 posts
Untagged users
Matticus wrote:
Mark of the Wild: Now grants Intellect instead of Stamina. No longer grants increased magical resistances. Now costs 22% of base mana, down from 24%.

This currently grants Intellect AND Stamina, is it going to supply more intellect?
Will this stack with Brilliance?

... I'm sick of mage cakes, can't we make dumplings or egg rolls instead?
Posted Apr 8, 12
408 posts
Admins
Moderators
I'm not quite sure where that note came from, but as far as I've been able to tell, it now just grants 5% additional Strength, Agility, and Intellect and no longer grants Stamina or magic resistance. It doesn't seem to grant any more Intellect than it did before.

Also, it should stack with Arcane Brilliance since they'd grant different stats (Brilliance grants +10% spell power and +5% crit).
Posted Apr 9, 12
56 posts
Untagged users
Buffs will be dealt differently on MoP. I did some testing in the past couple of weeks, and so far, I'm MORE than pleased with resto druids.
The healing shrooms are completely overpowered at level 86, I am in love with Lifebloom glyph - going into ToL and spamming 3 stacks of lifebloom everywhere with just one cast is priceless. Regrowth glyph is also a great, great glyph - so far, I had nearly all my casts crit, and at level 86 with H DS bis gear, I'm always getting fast heals that go from 38k-46k depending on group comp and buffs.
I haven't had a chance to try Symbiosis yet, because the level cap still is 86. But I think finally Blizz hit the mark with making us a requirement to any raid and I don't think we will ever be in a spot where we are not an asset to a raid anymore.
Posted Apr 10, 12
154 posts
Untagged users
While this isn't entirely healer related, I come here asking any of you if you've heard the hearsay that Druids will be able to do their varying specs in tree form or moonkin form (via glyphs)? As in, a feral can run around as a tree? And a healer can run around as a boomchicken?

That's what comments are saying over at wowinsider from an older MoP druid thread. This has me seriously concerned, mostly for PVP purposes. I want to know that a feral is charging at me rather than a resto druid for instance, without having to analyze the buffs/debuffs they carry.
Posted Apr 12, 12
408 posts
Admins
Moderators
Nikalia wrote:
While this isn't entirely healer related, I come here asking any of you if you've heard the hearsay that Druids will be able to do their varying specs in tree form or moonkin form (via glyphs)? As in, a feral can run around as a tree? And a healer can run around as a boomchicken?

That's what comments are saying over at wowinsider from an older MoP druid thread. This has me seriously concerned, mostly for PVP purposes. I want to know that a feral is charging at me rather than a resto druid for instance, without having to analyze the buffs/debuffs they carry.

Sadly, I don't have a Druid on the beta, but so far I'm not seeing any real evidence of this in-game or from WoWhead's Mists data. From what I can tell, all Druids get cat, bear, travel, aquatic, and flight/swift flight forms (with some glyph choices for changing their appearance, such as Glyph of the Chameleon, Glyph of the Stag, and Glyph of the Orca), but only Balance Druids can turn into Moonkin (which is also getting an appearance-changing minor glyph that makes you look ghostly rather than feathery: Glyph of Stars).

As for Ferals running around as trees, there is a minor glyph called Glyph of the Treant that allows Druids to shapeshift into a treant, but as far as I can tell this form essentially acts like an alternate humanoid form that has to be shifted into, which means Feral and Guardian Druids won't be able to cast their cat or bear abilities, and Balance Druids will lose out on the various bonuses of Moonkin form. So while they may be able to run up to you as a treant or shift to try to confuse you from a distance, they'll have to shape into their preferred combat form once it's time for them to actually fight you.

The only other thing I can think of that might relate to this is the level 90 Heart of the Wild talent, which allows Druids to be slightly more versatile, but it only lasts for 45 seconds with a 6 minute cooldown.
Posted Apr 13, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Here's my thoughts on the new spells, talents and glyphs, copied over from the Healycrafting thread:

Let's start by looking at new spells we are getting.
  • Ironbark: We now have a way to shield the tanks, at the cost of losing our Barkskin. This would produce a 20% damage reduction for 12 seconds, and is on a 2 minute CD shared with Barkskin. A very welcome addition.
  • Wild Mushrooms. They work like the boomy mushrooms, except that they heal. Yummy, very yummy. If you have time to put those down, their healing is considerable. According to the tooltip, the number of people in the affected area does not alter how much they each get healed for. This would become very OP in 25mans if it is true.

Glyphs:
  • Glyph of Innervate: Makes it so that you still get 20% mana when you cast it on someone else. I imagine this would become fairly mandatory.
  • Glyph of Rejuvenation: When 3 Rejuvenates are active, it reduces Nourish cast time by 30%. Might make Nourish almost worth casting.
  • Glyph of Lifebloom: It transfers the full stacks when used on a new target. I'm not really sure I see much use of it in general, except for specialized situations. It can be helpful on tank swaps when you need to catch up on the new tank real fast. CORRECTION: Starlees pointed out in the Druid thread that coupled with ToL form this can be very powerful, as it will automatically stack 3 stacks on each new person you Lifebloom. This does sound quite OP, I am not sure how they will tackle it.
  • Glyph of Healing Touch: Each HT reduces the remaining CD of Swiftmend by 1 second. When on tank duty, this would be quite nice.
  • Glyph of Blooming: The first of our 'tradeoff' talents. It increases LB's blooming effect by 20%, but LB can no longer be renewed by direct heals. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It increases LB's HpCT and HpM by about 10%. Unfortunately the blooming effect does not scale with mastery. I suspect this glyph won't scale very well. The 20% increase really doesn't feel enough to justify losing the renewing ability.
  • Glyph of Regrowth: Turns regrowth into a guaranteed crit, but removes its hot component. I should probably work out more specific maths on this, but given what small a portion of Regrowth the hot is, this might very well be worth it if you are using Regrowth a lot. The guaranteed Living Seed is very nice.
  • Glyph of Wild Growth: It will heal one more target, but its CD is increased by 2 seconds. Let's try to evaluate this glyph's worth. Suppose that casting WG heals a person for an amount H. As it stands, we can accomplish this once every 8 seconds, resulting in an amount of 6*H/8 healing per second. With the glyph, this would become 7*H/10. This brings it from a 0.75*H healing per second to a 0.7*H healing per second. So assuming that WG is used on CD, the glyph is actually negative. However, if we were not going to use WG other than every 10 seconds, then the glyph is obviously an increase of about 16%.
To sum up, it does not really seem that any of our tradeoff glyphs are really worth it. I suppose that is the point of tradeoff glyphs.

Talents:
The second and fourth tiers contain healing related talents.
  • Tier 2:
  • Nature's Swiftness: Every one minute, give instant cast. Also buffs the effect and duration of those spells by 50%. This might actually make it worth using on Regrowth instead of HT. In any case, this is a very nice and strong talent.
  • Renewal: A 20% instant self-heal on a 2min CD. Feels more PVPsh to me.
  • Cenarion Ward: In theory this sounds nice. Every 30 seconds you can put a "Ward" on someone, so that when they take damage a hot is placed on them with 3 ticks. It is however not affected by our mastery, and it currently doesn't seem to heal enough to make it worth it. Not when compared to Nature's Swiftness.
  • Tier 4:
  • Soul of the Forest: Provides 50% haste on the next spell used after Swiftmend. This is pretty sweet. I can see it working miracles when coupled with Wild Growth, which went from 8 to 12 ticks. Lifebloom also shot up to 17 ticks.
  • Incarnation: Supposedly buffs our ToL form. The tooltips did not provide any indication how it buffs it. My form did in fact seem "bigger" however.
  • Force of Nature: We get 3 Treants on a 1 minute CD. They cast 6 "Healing Touches" each. Each of their Healing Touch heals for about 900. That's a total of 900*6*3 = 16200 total healing every minute. This feels extremely poor. Unless they scale them up a bit, I can't see this competing with Soul of the Forest.

For me right now, Nature's Swiftness and Soul of the Forest are clear winners. So much for choices.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Apr 30, 12
17 posts
Untagged users
Very nice writeup, but I'll raise a couple of points.

Wowhead talent calculator says that MoP WG is 5 targets (6 glyphed), just like live. If that is correct the "live" argument still applies.
5H/8 = 25H/40 using 5 gcd's and 5xWG mana
6H/10 = 24H/40 using 4 gcd's and 4xWG mana
Since you can use that extra gcd and mana for something worth more than a single-target WG (say a Rejuv, or maintaining mastery), the glyph is a win, unless there is no sixth target.

If your numbers are correct
6H/8 = 30H/40 (5 casts)
7H/10 = 28H/40 (4 casts)
the glyph still theoretically stronger (Rj is stronger than a two-target WG), but not by nearly as much.

In any raid with tank-swaps, I'd consider GoLB to be almost mandatory. Bullding a Lb stack from scratch costs two extra GCD's (and slightly more mana than a Nourish) at a point where you may really be stressed for every available GCD.
Posted Apr 30, 12
389 posts
Untagged users
Erdluf wrote:
In any raid with tank-swaps, I'd consider GoLB to be almost mandatory. Bullding a Lb stack from scratch costs two extra GCD's (and slightly more mana than a Nourish) at a point where you may really be stressed for every available GCD.
Depends on the strength of Lifebloom in mists. Right now, I care much more that one stack is going; boosting it to 3 isn't worth my time unless there's nothing else to do (like before the pull.)
Posted Apr 30, 12
Page
of 2
Announcement of