Page
of 3

Paladin information

26 replies
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Spells

Beacon of Light: Now has a 10 sec cooldown. No longer costs mana.

Denounce: Deals [1593 + 61% of SPH] Holy damage, down from [2664 + 61% of SPH] and prevents the target from causing a critical effect for the next 4 sec, up from 3. Costs 9% base mana, down from 20%. 1.5 sec cast time with a 30 yard range.

Devotion Aura: Grants all party and raid members within 40 yards immunity to silence and interrupt effects and reduces all fire, frost and shadow damage taken by 20% for 6 sec. Instant cast. 2 min cooldown.

Holy Insight: New. Increases the effectiveness of your healing by 25%. Increases your mana pool by 400%. Allows 50% of your mana regeneration from Spirit to continue while in combat. Grants hit rating equal to 50% of any Spirit gained from items or effects.

Holy Radiance: Now costs 14% of base mana, up from 7%.

Holy Shock: Now has a 40 yard range for friendly and enemy targets.

Infusion of Light: No longer affects Flash of Light.

Judgments of the Pure: No longer increases your casting and melee haste by 9%.

Light of Dawn: Now consumes up to 3 Holy Power.

Sacred Cleansing: Enables your cleanse to dispel all magic effects from the target.

Tower of Radiance: No longer grants Holy Power on Holy Radiance casts.

Cleanse: Now removes all poison and disease effects. Now has an 8 sec cooldown. Costs 16% base mana, up from 14%.

Glyphs

Glyph of Winged Vengeance
You grow larger during Avenging Wrath.

Glyph of Word of Glory
Increases your damage by 10% for 6 sec after you cast Word of Glory.

Glyph of the Alabaster Shield
Increases the damage of Shield of the Righteous by 50% but reduces the amount it blocks by 20%.

Glyph of the Luminous Charger
Your paladin class mounts glow with Holy Light.

Glyph of Seal of Blood
Your Seal of Truth now uses the Seal of Blood visual.

Glyph of Rebuke
Increases the cooldown by 5 sec and lockout by 2 sec of Rebuke.

Glyph of Protector of the Innocent
When you use Word of Glory to heal another target, it also heals you for 20% of the amount.

Glyph of Light of Dawn
Light of Dawn affects 2 fewer targets, but heals each target for 25% more.

Glyph of Illumination
Your Holy Shock criticals grant 1% mana return, but Meditation returns 10% less mana. (number is probably not final)

Glyph of Immediate Truth
Increases the instant damage done by Seal of Truth by 20%, but decreases the damage done by Censure by 50%.

Glyph of Inquisition
Reduces the damage bonus of Inquisition by 10% but increases its duration by 100%.

Glyph of Holy Shock
Decreases the healing of Holy Shock by 50% but increases its damage by 100%.

Glyph of Hammer of Wrath
You take 10% less damage for 10 sec after using Hammer of Wrath. (this is incredible)

Glyph of Frugal Blessings
Reduces the mana cost of Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might by 50%.

Glyph of Fire From the Heavens
Your Judgment and Hammer of Wrath criticals call down fire from the sky.

Glyph of Flash of Light
When you Flash of Light a target, it increases your next heal done to that target within 4 sec by 30%.

Glyph of Divine Storm
Your Divine Storm also heals you for 1% of your maximum health.

Glyph of Double Jeopardy
Judging a target increases the damage of your next Judgment by 20%, but only if used on a second target.

Glyph of Consecration
You can now target Consecration anywhere within 25 yards.

Glyph of Blessed Life
While Seal of Insight is active, you have a 50% chance to gain a charge of Holy Power whenever you take direct damage or are Stunned, Feared, or Immobilized. This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 sec.

Glyph of Beacon of Light
Removes the global cooldown on Beacon of Light
Posted Mar 22, 12 · OP · Last edited Mar 27, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Is it me, or do holy pallies get very few choices there? BoL gcd is awesome, so is the FoL glyph. Glyph of Illumination will depend on the numbers, but it's not what I would call an very interesting glyph: Either it's a mana gain or it's not, a no-brainer in both cases. If it's in the gray area it will turn out to not matter one way or another. Glyph of Blessed Life is the only other one I see viable, and I suppose protector of the innocent. Is that really it? Where are all the tradeoffs the other classes have to suffer through on their glyphs? Will we really have essentially no choices in our glyphs?
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 22, 12
76 posts
Untagged users
Not sure how many we will have access too? 3?5? Regardless for holy paladin this is what interests me the most:

Glyph of Protector of the Innocent
When you use Word of Glory to heal another target, it also heals you for 20% of the amount.
I feel this will be underestimated. Do we get those self heal talents in MoP? If not, this will probably be pretty important....

Glyph of Illumination
Your Holy Shock criticals grant 1% mana return, but Meditation returns 10% less mana. (number is probably not final)
self explanatory

Glyph of Frugal Blessings
Reduces the mana cost of Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might by 50%.
(for recasting after a brez)

there are some others on MMO that arent liste here...these im also interested in:

•Glyph of Divine Plea - Divine Plea now has a 5 sec cast time, but you receive 12% of your total mana instantly and your healing is not reduced.
this one is interesting. a 5 sec cast (Ill say 4 with haste) isnt that long at all. Essentially wait until you have ~80% mana then start casting this on CD throughout entire fight?

•Glyph of Divinity - Increases the cooldown of your Lay on Hands by 0 min but causes it to give you 10% of your maximum mana.
same as before. U should use LoH every fight. A nice 10% mana return is always good.

Glyph of Righteous Retreat (NYI) - During Divine Shield, you can invoke your Hearthstone 50% faster
(would love to drop in org assisinate someone in ret then bubble/hearth out!)

basically the common theme of all interesting holy glyphs are those with mana returns. I wonder how hard mana conservation will be in MoP?
Posted Mar 22, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Reezimus wrote:
Glyph of Divine Plea - Divine Plea now has a 5 sec cast time, but you receive 12% of your total mana instantly and your healing is not reduced.
this one is interesting. a 5 sec cast (Ill say 4 with haste) isnt that long at all. Essentially wait until you have ~80% mana then start casting this on CD throughout entire fight?

I always just assumed that it would still be 3+3+3, has that changed? I'm so out of track of the MoP stuffs. This glyph's interesting though. Basically our choice is: 9 seconds of 50% reduced healing, or 4 seconds of no healing at all. The other big advantage I see is you can stop the cast if it looks like you'll need to emergency-heal before the 4 seconds are over, then cast it again once things calm down. With the current implementation, once you pop DP you are locked in it for 9 seconds, unless you want to cancel the buff and lose on a lot of mana.

As for Protector of the Innocent, my guess would be it's meant to replace the self-healing currently in place, that might get lost in MoP. I was under the impression that they were going to just automatically give us most talents that are part of a standard spec. Looks like they instead turned some of the talents into glyph choices, like Blessed Life vs PotI maybe. Not an entirely fair comparison, seeing as PotI isn't really a choice right now, you need those points to move further into the tree. But it looks like it would be a choice in mists. I'm not very happy that it's only WoG though. 20% is a nice chunk however.

Edit: I have to say, some of these glyphs made me think it's April Fool's already. Especially Winged Vengeance, Luminous Charger, Fire From the Heavens and of course Righteous Retreat.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 22, 12
145 posts
Untagged users
Information indicates we are now down to 2 types of glyphs: Major & Minor. A lot of oddball talents (Protector of the Innocent & Blessed Life) will become Majors.

Divine Plea is a trade off. I frequently Plea while moving, such as during Ragnaros' molten seeds. The glyph requires you to stand still. It's not a huge thing, but it could be really useful in some fights. The Holy Shock glyph could, depending on the numbers, be great on fights which see heavy Shock usage or it could just be outright better but Holy Shock might be a poor spell for certain fights.

Minor glyph selection is being expanded and is, generally, a lot of truly minor stuff. Mages can glyph different polymorph appearances. Druids can glyph permanent tree form. Paladins can glyph more sparkly effects, a Judgment that looks like a bladed weapon instead of always being a hammer, and look bigger / fall slower when using AW. I think it's really cool and allows character customization without affecting power - exactly what Minor glyphs were promised to be.
Yoseketh / Videographer /Standard Deviation - Blackrock / Leveling Holy / @JoeEgo812
Posted Mar 22, 12
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Basicailly what Joe said.

It seems to be 6 total glyphs now. All Prime glyph slots have been removed and either the glyphs removed or retooled as majors.
Posted Mar 22, 12 · OP
76 posts
Untagged users
Divine plea should be interesting.

in DS there are a LOT of downtime moments where you can squeeze a few seconds in for a 5 sec DP cast (yorsajh during oozes, hagara stunned, DW between platforms, morchok during blak phase, etc). But if fights are like heroic baleroc on progression or ultraxion, an instant cast DP could prove more valuable.

i like that kind of choice to be made...so far theyre on the right track in my opinion.

also the 1% mana return on HS while losing 10% on meditation will probably end up being a math thing. quick math here, assuming 33% crit on HS, 6 sec CD, 5minute fight...thats...300 seconds, 50 HS, 33% are crit, so 16.5 are crit equaling ~17% mana return over the course of the fight. Question is is that worth losing 10% meditation?
Posted Mar 22, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Reezimus wrote:
Divine plea should be interesting.

in DS there are a LOT of downtime moments where you can squeeze a few seconds in for a 5 sec DP cast (yorsajh during oozes, hagara stunned, DW between platforms, morchok during blak phase, etc). But if fights are like heroic baleroc on progression or ultraxion, an instant cast DP could prove more valuable.

i like that kind of choice to be made...so far theyre on the right track in my opinion.

While I agree with your examples, these are all examples where you have in fact 9 seconds of peace and quiet. This is the tricky part with it, it's really useful if you can afford 4-5 seconds of no healing but can't afford 9 seconds of mediocre healing. I would be very interested to see if they manage to make encounters with this property, but I can't imagine how they could do that.

I also like the fact that they are turning most glyphs into choices. If they leave some of them as no-brainers however, I have my doubts. They do seem to still have many glyphs left that seem to be straightforward. I guess we might end up with a system with 3 no-brainers and 3 glyphs where we really make a choice, or something like that.

The meditation math would be nice to see indeed. When I am computing these however I try to average things out of 5 seconds instead. with 5 shocks in a minute, 5/12 of them per 5 seconds, and 1/3 of them critting, would be about 0.14% of your total mana every 5 seconds. At current gear numbers assuming 150k mana that would be about 200mp5 or so. Comparing that to meditation gains in current gear, if the 80% bonus drops to 70% that means we are losing 10% of our out-of-combat-regen, which I believe might end up being around 400mp5.

However it sounds like a lot of things are changing in mists mana-wise, does someone have any good links on such things? intellect isn't giving us more mana any more, is that right? How do our usual formulas change?
Also the wording in that glyph seems weird to me. It says "critical grant 1% mana return", not "criticals return 1% of your mana" or something of the form.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 22, 12
76 posts
Untagged users
I forgot about the intellect change. So will we have the same amount of mana throughout the entire expansion? That seems wierd to me, I want to see my toon evolve and grow....even though the heals will heal more and more mana regen options, idk...I like putting on a piece of gear and seeing my mana bar visually grow.
Posted Mar 23, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Reezimus wrote:
I forgot about the intellect change. So will we have the same amount of mana throughout the entire expansion? That seems wierd to me, I want to see my toon evolve and grow....even though the heals will heal more and more mana regen options, idk...I like putting on a piece of gear and seeing my mana bar visually grow.

I'm more worried that I will forget myself in my tank gear and not notice anything till halfway through the fight. I guess there's some things we'll need to adjust to ;).

Darnit I want my beta invite, I hate having to over-speculate.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 23, 12
Page
of 3
Announcement of