Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 11

Priest information and changes

108 replies
9 posts
Untagged users
Spirit Shell now caps at 60% of max HP - 93k for me and I can't cap it anymore with single cast (83k per cast with every buff and 72.33% mastery+12656 SP). Grace increases healing from SS - absorb stays the same, but 80% is now 104% with 3 stacks of grace. Not every target has 3 stacks, but with new grace eny target shielded by SS has atleast 1 stack, so SS heals for 88% "baseline". Also Grace increases healing from glyph of PW:S (maybe it does same on live, I don't even bother actually), but glyph is some kind broken and makes absorb(80%)+heal(~12%, not 20%) less then 100% absorb.
Posted May 1, 12 · Last edited May 1, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Omg grace went up to 10% per stack, somehow I missed it! It is indeed very nice that SS stacks it now. (confirmed 60% of max HP). DA cap still at 40%.
Borrowed Time is still there (I think someone was asking). They really need to fix Inner Focus and ToT.
HoH still works on total mana, as does the fiend. They will need to address the non-scalability of these 2.
There is also Glyph of Holy Nova, which placed grants you a "Holy Nova" spell. 2600 mana, heals up to 5 targets for 3500 each.

The Shadow Apparition minor glyph is now "Glyph of the Heavens", and makes your levitate targets appear to be riding on a cloud.
Was the cost increase from Glyph of Circle of Healing always 35%?

Looks like PoM got buffed, time to update by coeffients. nvm PoM didn't get buffed. I updated the coefficients for Holy Nova though.

Looks like the Core Abilities tab is fixed now.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted May 2, 12 · Last edited May 2, 12
410 posts
Admins
Moderators
Honestly, I don't really get why Blizzard is opting to cap Spirit Shell stacking when it's mechanics seem to better lend themselves towards making new Spirit Shell casts on a target force the previous shield to expire (and thereby instantly trigger its healing effect) instead. That kind of system just makes more sense to me, since it would effectively cap the absorption numbers while allowing Disc Priests to more effectively use Spirit Shell as a direct analogue to Greater Heal. :sick:
Posted May 2, 12
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Gryph, that's genius.

Glyph of Dark Binding now affects Prayer of Mending, Renew, and Leap of Faith instead of Binding Heal, Flash Heal, and Renew.
Posted May 3, 12 · OP
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Rapture Must Retire
We don't think Rapture is "fundamentally flawed." We also added it back because so many Disc priests asked for it. It's challenging for us to present a design when some players want something and some don't want it.

Discipline would struggle if the spec was designed around flawless Rapture use, but it's not. Meditation is still there and in fact a Disc priest with flawless Rapture use would have more mana return than other healers. A priest who totally ignored PW:Shield would have lower mana return, but why are you playing Disc if you ignore PW:Shield? For many Disc priests who say benefit from Rapture every 20+ sec instead of the minimum 12, their sustainability should be comparable to other healers. Keep in mind what I said in the other thread about considering the entire package; the only real measurement of sustainability is how long the various healers can cast in average (low HPS) and scary (high HPS) situations without going OOM.

Discipline Feedback
In the (hopefully) next build you receive, Discipline again has Greater Heal, Strength of Soul, and Power Word: Shield with no cooldown. We are also trying something really different with Spirit Shell. Let us know how it feels.
Posted May 7, 12 · OP
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Divine Insight: Discipline: When you cast Penance, there is a 40% chance your next Power Word: Shield will both ignore and not cause the Weakened Soul effect. Holy: When you cast Greater Heal, there is a 40% chance your next Prayer of Mending will not trigger its cooldown, and will jump to each target instantly. Shadow: Periodic damage from your Mind Flay increases the damage of your next Mind Blast by 10%, stacking up to 10 times.

Grace: Your Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Heal and Penance spells bless the target with Grace, increasing all healing received from the Priest by 10%. This effect will stack up to 3 times. Effect lasts 15 sec.

Psychic Horror: Consumes all Shadow Orbs to terrify the target, causing them to tremble in horror for 1 sec plus 1 sec per Shadow Orb consumed and to drop their weapons and shield for 10 sec.

Rapture: Removes the cooldown on Power Word: Shield. In addition, when your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with mana equal to 150% of your Spirit. This effect can only occur once every 12 sec.

Spirit Shell: For the next 15 sec, your Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, and Prayer of Healing no longer heal but instead create absorption shields that last 15 sec.

Glyphs

Glyph of Holy Nova: Causes an explosion of holy light around the caster, causing 307 to 356 Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards and healing up to 5 targets within 10 yards for 2373 to 2756. Healing is divided among the number of targets healed. These effects cause no threat.

Glyph of Strength of Soul: When you cast Inner Focus you become immune to Silence, Interrupt and Dispel effects for 5 sec.
Posted May 8, 12 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
Yey, interesting changes! Time to update my healycrafting post.

Did they just do a new beta patch then?
Heal Notes Blog
Posted May 8, 12
154 posts
Untagged users
Are the spirit shell absorbs going to get in the way of other disc priests? How stackable will they be? That'd be a bitch with a 2nd disc in a 25m raid.. so I imagine they can.
Posted May 8, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Spirits Shells will probably be fine just like nowadays different shield effects, say from two pallies, stack. I'm interested in 2 things:
1. Is there still a cap on Spirit Shell amount?
2. Will our Penance-procced PW:S stack over existing PW:S's or PW:S's of others? And how much time do we have to use the effect?

Can't wait for the servers to get back up. In the meantime, I updated HealCalc with greater heal and the new smite cost, assuming that GH coefficients and cost are like Holy. Should be up soon, as soon as I finish incorporating a first take on Monks.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted May 8, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Okay here's how the new Spirit Shell works at the moment:
1. Each spell you have produces a different buff. So you can cast a Heal, and it will produce a "Heal" buff that does the shield. These buffs are separate from each other, so you can have a Greater Heal, a Heal, a Flash Heal etc.
2. The buffs from each spell add to each other, but have fairly sharp individual caps, almost close to their healing amount. Those caps scale linearly with spellpower, and they seem to closely follow the spell's maximum healing. For example PoH can only go up to about 12500 at my gear level. Effectively you can only get roughly one of each spells up as shield at any given time. If you cast the same spell again, it will likely go largely wasted.
3. The buffs do not crit.
4. The PoH buff does not produce DA.
5. The buffs do refresh Grace if the corresponding heals would, and do benefit from Grace. In fact they seem to double-dip in Grace. However the caps do not scale with grace.

I don't know how many of the above are intended behaviors, but the individual caps are interesting. I estimate you can however amass a shield of about 130k or so on a particular person combining all spells. Add to that a PW:S, and I fear this may be used to bypass some boss mechanics.

I was not able to verify Divine Insight, as it does not appear to actually function.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted May 8, 12
Page
of 11
Announcement of