Page
of 11

Priest information and changes

108 replies
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Spell changes

Mass Dispel: Now removes 100 spells from targets, up from 1.

Shadowfiend: Now has a 4 min cooldown, down from 5.

Phantasm New. When you Fade, you remove all movement impairing effects from yourself, you become untargetable by ranged attacks, and your movement speed is unhindered for 3 sec.

Angelic Bulwark: New. Anytime a damaging attack brings you below 30% health, you gain an absorption shield equal to 20% of your total health lasting for until cancelled. This effect cannot occur more than once every 90 sec.

Holy

Chakra: Chastise: Now has a 30 sec cooldown. Reworked: Increases the damage done by your Shadow and Holy spells by 15% and transforms your Holy Word spell back into Holy Word: Chastise.

Chakra: Sanctuary: Now has a 30 sec cooldown. Reworked: Increases the healing done by your area of effect healing spells and Renew by 15%, reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing spell by 2 sec, and transforms your Holy Word: Chastise spell into Holy Word: Sanctuary.

Chakra: Serenity: Now has a 30 sec cooldown. Reworked: Increases the critical effect chance of your direct healing spells by 10%, causes your direct heals to refresh the duration of your Renew on the target, and transforms your Holy Word: Chastise spell into Holy Word: Serenity.

Divine Hymn: Now costs 7% mana, down from 36%. Now has a 3 min cooldown, down from 8 min.
Guardian Spirit: Now costs 1% of base mana, down from 6%.

Heal - Now costs 2% of base mana, down from 9%. Now has 2.5 sec cast down, down from 3 sec.

Holy Word: Chastise: Now costs 13% of base mana, down from 15%.

Lightwell - Now costs 6% of base mana, down from 30%. Now has 15 charges, up from 10.

Prayer of Healing: Now costs 5% of base mana, down from 26%.

Discipline

Train of Thought: When you heal with Greater Heal, the cooldown of your Inner Focus is reduced by 5 sec. When you Smite, the cooldown of your Penance is reduced by 0.5 sec.

Evangelism: When you deal direct damage with Smite or Holy Fire you gain Evangelism. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 20 sec. Increases the damage done by your Smite and Holy Fire spells by 4% and reduces the mana cost of those spells by 6%.

Inner Focus: No longer works with Binding Heal.

Penance: Now has a 10 sec cooldown, down from 12 sec. Now costs 3% of base mana, down from 14%.

Grace: Now also works with Spirit Shell. Now increases all healing received from the Priest by 10%, up from 8%.

Pain Suppression: Now costs 1% of base mana, down from 8%.

Dispel Magic: Now removes all Magic and Disease effects.

Spirit Shell: New. Creates an absorption shield on the target for [5231 + 50.3% of SP] damage lasting 8 sec. When the shield expires, the target is healed for 80% of the remaining amount. 40 yd range, 2% of base mana, 2.5 sec cast.

Possible new talent

Halo: Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands and grows in power, up to 30 yds away. Deals up to 1 Holy damage to enemies, and up to 1 healing to allies, with the greatest effect at 25 yds.

Dark Halo: Creates a ring of Shadow energy around you that quickly expands and grows in power, up to 30 yds away. Deals up to 1 Shadow damage to enemies, and up to 1 healing to allies, with the greatest effect at 25 yds.

Feathers from Heaven: Place Heavenly Feathers at the target location. Each Heavenly Feather causes a single nearby friendly target to gain 60% movement speed for 4 sec. Only 3 Feathers can be placed at one time. Accumulates an additional charge once every 10 sec. Link to a post with a video and my thoughts.

Glyphs

Glyph of Circle of Healing
Your Circle of Healing spell heals 1 additional target, but its mana cost is increased by 35%.

Glyph of Enfeeblement
When you critically hit with your Mind Blast, you cause the target to be unable to move for 4 sec.

Glyph of Flash of Light (???)
40 yd range, Instant, Requires Spirit of Redemption, Can't be cast in Shadowform

Glyph of Fortitude
Reduces the mana cost of your Power Word: Fortitude spell by 90%.

Glyph of Inner Sanctum
Spell damage taken is reduced by 6% while within Inner Fire, and the movement speed bonus of your Inner Will is increased by 6%.

Glyph of Leap of Faith
Your Leap of Faith spell now also clears all movement impairing effects from your target.
Glyph of Lightwell

Increases the total amount of charges of your Lightwell by 2.
Glyph of Penance
Reduces the mana cost of Penance by 20%, but increases the cooldown by 2 sec.

Glyph of Renew
Your Renew heals for 33% more each time it heals, but its duration is reduced by (3000/-1000) sec.

Glyph of Spirit of Redemption
Increases the duration of Spirit of Redemption by 10 sec.

Glyph of Power Word: Shield Glyph of Power Word: Shield 20% of the absorb from your Power Word: Shield spell is converted into healing.

Glyph of Dispel Magic
Your Dispel Magic spell also damages your target for 0 Holy damage when you successfully dispel a magical effect.

Glyph of Holy Fire
Your Holy Fire spell is now instant

Glyph of Prayer of Mending
The first charge of your Prayer of Mending heals for an additional 60% but your Prayer of Mending has 1 fewer charges.

Disc AoE Healing and Holy Nova
Kaivax wrote:
We've been following this thread (and others) very closely. Here are a few notes regarding where we currently are in Mists priest development.

Prayer of Healing can be used by Holy and Discipline once again. We realized that the goal of making Holy Nova an effective AE healing tool was problematic. It meant that we would have to change Holy Nova so thoroughly, that it was becoming a second Prayer of Healing. Remember: we aren’t even in beta yet, and we want to retain as much opportunity as possible to respond to player feedback throughout the rest of this process. Things will change for priests, and every other class, over the coming weeks.

There is some speculation that Discipline is intended only as a PvP spec or only as a tank-healing spec. Neither of those is our design intent. Both Holy and Discipline should be effective at group healing or single-target healing, and if we do our jobs right, both can have a role in PvP. The main difference between them is that Discipline relies more on absorption mechanics, such as Power Word: Shield, Power Word: Barrier, Divine Aegis and the new Spirit Shell. Holy priests should place more emphasis on heals over time and have more area healing mechanics (e.g. Circle of Healing, Holy Word: Sanctuary), but those are intended to offset the incredible benefit of absorbs and not to make Holy the only option for handling AE damage. We see both in use a lot in PvE in Cataclysm, and we intend for that model to continue.
Ghostcrawler wrote:
Also, would you consider removing the mana cost for power infusion? Most of the newer priest talents (save the top tier talents) like void shift, etc. use cooldowns rather than mana.

Power Infusion probably doesn’t need a cost. I’ll discuss it with the team.

P.S. I should add that we completed a big audit of heals (for all classes) recently, and concluded that the mana costs were reasonable for the most part but that the heals were much too small for the Mists health pools. We buffed all of the heals quite a bit. We want mana to be less painful than it was at the start of Cataclysm, but we want it to matter more than it did at the end of Cataclysm. We want the slope of the line to be less steep — your higher throughput and regen in later patches will still make heals more efficient overall, just less so than they became in Dragon Soul. The static mana pool helps a lot with that.
Posted Mar 22, 12 · OP · Last edited Apr 7, 12
427 posts
Untagged users
Matti, I am seeing on the front page of mmo-champion a much longer list of glyphs, was wondering why you only focused on those 3. Is mmo-champion's list more data-mined as opposed to in-game? Anyway, on a discussion:

1. Glyph of Holy Fire is just too good to be true, I can't possibly imagine it staying this way. It also seems to go completely agains their philosophy of making glyphs all be a tradeoff instead of essentially mandatory.
2. I am quite ok with the PoM change. Most of the times my PoM isn't doing its full bounces anyway. Even in the few cases it does, on heavy AoE healing fights, I feel PoM is a small enough part of the healing to not make a big difference glyphed or not. I think I would have preferred it to be 100% more on the first one and 2 fewer bounces, but maybe I'm just crazy or not awake yet.
3. Glyph of PW:S, I frankly don't see the point of it. Why would I trade the 20% shield for the same amount of a heal? In any place where the shield is worth casting, the target is taking enough damage to make it worth it, that heal will just make my fellow healer's hots overheal more. Now if it was a tradeoff of 10% shield for 20% heal, maybe would be worth talking about.

Some of the other glyphs mentioned on mmo-champion that you didn't touch on here:
4. Glyph of CoH: Adds one target at the cost of 35% mana cost increase. This is up from the current 20%. I already wasn't thinking of the glyph much worth it at 20%, I am not sure I can justify the 35% increased cost.
5. Glyph of Lightwell: Only adds 2 extra charges. Seriously?
6. Glyph of Penance: 20% mana cost reduction at a 2 sec CD increase. I hardly feel Penance needed a mana cost reduction, unless I've missed the memo.
7. Glyph of Renew: 33% more healing per tick, but some sort of duration reduction. Sounds interesting perhaps, depending on the duration.
8. I heard something about a Flash of Light glyph that makes it make the next heal on that target within 4 seconds 30% stronger. That would be very interesting indeed.
(Edit: apparently I got my healers all mixed up).

Thanks for starting these threads!

Edit: Maybe their idea for the Holy Fire glyph is to give us more to cast while moving, but I'm really not going to wait on my Holy Fire in case I need to cast it while moving. Maybe they could do something like this with smite "your smite can be cast while moving, but doing so will put it on a 5 second CD" or something of the sort.
HealCalc MoP Healing calculator.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 22, 12 · Last edited Mar 22, 12
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
I went to bed way early. MMO Champion published their list after. I'll edit the post in a bit to include it.

Also, Lightwell change.

Live: Has 10 charges
Mists: 15 charges.

EDIT: Hey, if you see any other class changes, talent changes or spell changes, let me know.
Posted Mar 22, 12 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
Ah interesting, so lightwell is "old-glyphed" by default, that's a good start. But then offering a glyph that just adds 2 charges to those 15 just doesn't seem worth it, we can hardly get people to use all the charges as it is. Are they changing lightwell mechanics at all? Cause I find the current implementation annoying at best. Then again, ever since I went Atonement, I haven't looked back, maybe it's not as bad as I think it is. They should totally just make it randomly heal people that drop below say 70%, give it a number of charges and leave it at that.

The other glyph I didn't mention because I didn't really think it that important was an extra 10 seconds on Spirit of Redemption. Also Inner Sanctum is a glyph now, and glyph of Fortitude reduces its cost by 90%, which sounds awesome.

Not enough "flavor" glyphs though, I imagine they just haven't done many iterations on our glyphs yet. Trying to compare them to the pally glyphs is laughable at best.

I don't have access to the beta yet so this is all from mmo-champion. Here's hoping I get in on the next wave.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 22, 12
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Strength of Soul and Reflective Shield are now turning into glyphs.

http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=89489
http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=33202
Posted Mar 23, 12 · OP
427 posts
Untagged users
So the debuff time reduction effect is gone from SoS? Is that effect now built in or just gone altogether?

Hm the comments on wowhead are confusing. It sounds like it copied the comments from the live SoS talent.
Heal Notes Blog
Posted Mar 23, 12
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
It's a possibility. We need some priests on the inside :S.
Posted Mar 23, 12 · OP
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Added Priest changes.

WTF at Mass Dispel.
Posted Mar 27, 12 · OP
154 posts
Untagged users
I just scanned over the mmo-champion list of spell changes as well, and, um, why is everything getting its mana cost slashed? Is mana regen going to be harder to come by in Mists, or are we just going to have way too much mana flying around with these cheap spells!?

Except mass dispel. That's expensive...and dispels a LOT. (I agree w/ the WTF? sentiment - I feel like it's a typo.)

Also, are we no longer allowed to dispel anything off our enemies? (PVP?) The new purify didn't mention anything about that. I must have missed something....more caffeine!!!!!
Posted Mar 27, 12 · Last edited Mar 27, 12
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
So with regards to the mana changes (I completely forgot about this until someone reminded me), all caster mana pools are being normalized. So a freshly geared level 90 will have the same approximate mana pool as a tier 15 geared player.

Intellect no longer boosts mana pools.

Go figure. I wrote about it back in November -_-

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/18/new-balance-for-intellect-and-spirit-in-mists-of-pand/#continued
Posted Mar 27, 12 · OP
Page
of 11
Announcement of