Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 4

Lightwell Summon/Click/Expire/Idle Responses

30 replies
15 posts
Untagged users
Hey there! I had started a thread on Battle.net to collect cute/funny/novel ideas for various lightwell-related events. Unfortunately, when people are banned there, every one of there posts is deleted, so I'm finding it impractical to continue hosting that thread on battle.net. I'm hoping to find a new home here for the thread with some equally as creative contributions :sick: Here's a link to the old thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721374581

These responses are meant to be implemented through and addon called Lightwell Buddy, which is only as good as the messages you program into it. You can program different lists of messages for when the lightwell is summoned, emptied, expires, "disappears", sits idle for a given period of time without being used, or has multiple charges consumed at once through double-clicking. Here's some of my favorite ideas:

Kitty Killer Lightwell:
wrote:
Summon: Lightwell Summoned! for every unused charge, god killes a kitten. Please think of the kittens!
Use: %u has saved a kitten! (%c kittens left to save)
Lightwell Fortuneteller (courtesy of Feythylan):
wrote:
Summon: Click the lightwell to reveal your fortune~~
Use:
%u's Fortune: Your lucky numbers are 8--10--22--32--33--5 (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: A Scribe's ink lasts longer than a corpse that fought on the road. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Best avoid PvP today... it will only make sadness. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: No secret of success will work unless you do. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Admit it, you just clicked to see if the fortunes were real. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: He who throws dirt is losing ground. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: The world may be your oyster, but it doesn't mean you'll get pearls. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u Lightwells LIKE A BOSS! (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: A mind too open may fall out. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Time heals all wounds. %u is smart enough to heal himself! (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're dumb, then to open your mouth and confirm it. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: Being happy does not always mean being perfect. (%c of %m Charges Left)
%u's Fortune: The toughest things in life provide the most glory. (%c of %m Charges Left)
etc....

The Po-lite Well:
wrote:
Summon: Click the lightwell to receive a compliment.
Use:
I like your hair %u.
%u m Is that a sparkle in your eye or is that just my reflection?
Sensitive Lightwell:
wrote:
Use:
"Ouch!"
Stop poking me!
Ehehehehe that tickles! - Kiorae
Sexy/rude Lightwell...
wrote:
Summon: "Single, glowy Lightwell seeking Single, under 70% for some clicking action" - Kizmypatooti
Use... well you can just imagine some of the responses people have come up that fall under this category :sick:
Just plain funny:
wrote:
Summon:
Dirty mouth? Clean it up with lightwell! - Bartlebey
Click the bucket or kick the bucket!!!
Use:
Lightwell: If i don't get clicked my priest abuses me after the run, please click me dry, %u.
By clicking the lightwell, %u has just saved 15% on car insurance."

Holy Grail-ish: - Juli
wrote:
Use:
When danger reared its ugly head, %u bravely turned his tail and clicked the Lightwell.
Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who clicked who.
Would it help to confuse it if you clicked the Lightwell more?
Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being clicked!
Did you see that? Did you see that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see %u clicking me? You saw him, Didn't you?
Oh, but you can't expect to click the Lightwell every time some watery tart throws a sword at you.
If I went 'round sayin' “click the Lightwell”, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Most of the ideas have focused on the summon and use events. Anybody have any cute/funny/creative messages or themes they'd care to share with the class? :sick:

Posted Nov 16, 11 · OP · Last edited Nov 18, 11
154 posts
Untagged users
Oh my gosh, how awesome!!! I never imagined this addon would exist; perhaps this is just the ticket for my own raid group, whom never clicks the damn lightwell!!!! I could put sexy, funny, and fortune all in one and they'd probably be more inclined to partake!!! *Happy Dance*
Posted Nov 17, 11
2 posts
Untagged users
This is possibly the greatest addon. Ever.
Posted Nov 17, 11
199 posts
Untagged users
Hmmm, well here are a few I came up with:

"How dare you touch me there!"
"What kind of radiant well of healing do you think I am?"
"HALP, I need an adult! %u is touching me!"
"You better buy me dinner first next time bub."
"%u stop clicking me, I give out a dps debuff!"
"Clicking me makes your dps go down by 100%"
Posted Nov 17, 11
154 posts
Untagged users
"Finally taking responsibility for yourself, I see. :sick: "
"Thank you for saving your life, and my mana."

^Two I enjoy using.
Posted Nov 17, 11
83 posts
Untagged users
This is so awesome. I'll try to translate some of mine.

Expire emote: "s Lightwell expired with %c charges left. That's %c dead kittens."

Summon say: "Lightwell is your friend."

Idle emotes: "s Lightwell feels lonely and wants to be with some cursors." "s Lightwell wants to be your friend." "s Lightwell is afraid no one likes him."

Multi-consumption whispers: "The Lightwell likes it hard, not hasty. Don't double-click, please." "Don't double-click %u, that causes bruises =("

Use whispers: "The Lightwell is the little brother of the weighted companion cube. If you know how he's doing, let Lightwell know." "Rainbows! %c charges remaining." "May Lightwell Renew be with you, %u." "Lightwell likes you too, %u." "Uh yeah, do it again %u!" "Lightwell wants me to let you know how awesome your clicks feel, %u." "Do you enjoy it as much as Lightwell does, %u?"
Posted Nov 17, 11
7 posts
Untagged users
OKAY I use this addon, and I have to say the entire guild, with exception of one sour puss, loves it. May people click just to see what it is going to say. I have added messages unique to guild members, some sweet, some naughty some super funny. Its worth the time to put in your own messages.
Some examples:

Thank you, Rushali, for clicking my lightwell that burning should go away soon.
Rushali grabbed the Melons
Thank you Rushali for helping me top the healing meters
When you do that Rushali you make me tingle
Chad was here
Congrats Rushali clicking the lightwell is the first step to becoming a Robit. "taken from Fev's Robit training guide for dummies"
I'm going back to Acherus, no I don't think so--L.L. Cool Dae

Its a big hit, and I ask guildies for suggestions.
Posted Nov 17, 11
15 posts
Untagged users
Rushali wrote:
OKAY I use this addon, and I have to say the entire guild, with exception of one sour puss, loves it. May people click just to see what it is going to say. I have added messages unique to guild members, some sweet, some naughty some super funny. Its worth the time to put in your own messages.

Ya, there's always going to be a sourpuss >.< That's why I added the option to Blacklist someone (so it ignores their clicks), the ability to change the chance to send a message somewhere below 100%, the ability to implement a cooldown between messages, and the ability to send messages to less intrusive channels... /say, /whisper, and /emote are generally considered less invasive than /raid and /party. Shorter messages are also generally considered less annoying... your exact solution just depends on the temperament of your group - most generally love it :sick:.

And I agree, the most personal messages are usually the best ones :sick: But for PUGs or just to get some ideas, it's nice to have some general funnies in it as well :sick:.

Did you implement your personal messages through the "Personal Use" messages so that they would go only to the specific players they were designated for? That's a brand-new feature that I haven't been able to test much, so there may be issues. For example, I just learned that you can't add people's names to it if they have accent marks in them like ä or œ or the like. I'll try to have a fix out for that soon... I'm on US servers so I have a difficult time testing and getting feedback from foreign locales that might be having issues.
Posted Nov 17, 11 · OP
15 posts
Untagged users
By the way, here's a link to the old thread on battle.net if anyone wanted to take a look at the ideas contributed there. Most of the thread ended up as support questions for the addon when it was in its early stages, so you kinda gotta dig through the posts :sick:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721374581
Posted Nov 18, 11 · OP · Last edited Nov 18, 11
7 posts
Untagged users
"Did you implement your personal messages through the "Personal Use" messages so that they would go only to the specific players they were designated for? That's a brand-new feature that I haven't been able to test much, so there may be issues."

No I had no idea could do that I will have to give it a try. There are several people have not seen the messages about them would love for them to get it.

I do usually turn off the mod during progression fights, but on trash and farm stuff its great, I try to change things up every week.
Posted Nov 21, 11
Page
of 4
Notices