Plus Heal|Site Info
Page
of 3

4.3 Resto Druid Patch Notes

25 replies
58 posts
Untagged users
  • Wild Growth healing has been reduced by 20%.
  • Glyph of Wild Growth now also increases the cooldown on Wild Growth by 2 seconds.
  • (Wrath has a new spell effect.)
Last updated: Sept 28, 2011

5/7 targets and 8 sec cooldown

vs.

6/8 targets and 10 sec cooldown

Think I prefer the non-glyphed version. Maths anyone? :sick:

There isn't really any better choice though unless you decide to get the Innervate glyph back ... Glyph of Thorns hai? :/ I may simply have to run with 2 glyph slots for the sake of it.

Posted Sep 27, 11 · OP
56 posts
Untagged users
:/ trust Blizzard to not give us anything new the whole xpac and then nerf one of our strongest spells :(
Posted Sep 27, 11
410 posts
Admins
Moderators
Ghostcrawler posted an explanation about the changes here. The relevant excerpt is as follows:
Quote:
Druid

We’re okay with Resto druids using Wild Growth frequently, but we think we allowed it to become too powerful given its ease of use. As I suggested above, this may or may not be sufficient to nerf Resto druid throughput overall. The change to the Glyph of Wild Growth has positive and negative elements. We heard from druids that they felt like they didn’t have as many major glyph choices as intended, since the Glyph of Wild Growth was such a no-brainer for raiding druids -- it increased the number of Wild Growth targets with no downside. We want major glyphs to be a decision, which usually involves them having some kind of downside. With the AE heals, we thought the downside might be that the healers may not be using their AE heals necessarily, but having seen two raid tiers of content now, we’re confident that the glyphs did not have as much of a downside. (We changed the Glyphs of Circle of Healing and Light of Dawn for similar reasons).
Posted Sep 27, 11
56 posts
Untagged users
Instead of fixing the classes with problems (like holy priests and resto shamans), Blizzard goes and nerf us! Yay, looking forward to be benched throughtout HM progression again for not having anything worth bringing to the table as far as cooldowns.
I am kinda pissed, and I might not be understanding the changes, but 20% reduction is a LOT, and seeing as WG is basically our bread and butter this days... I'm not feeling very confident. Guild will be doing PTR testing, so hopefully it will work for the best!
Posted Sep 28, 11
394 posts
Untagged users
5 every 8 works out to 25 people healed every 40 seconds. 6 every 10 would be 24 people healed. (And before, with 6 every 8, it was 30 people healed.)

Tree form is trickier. Lets consider that ToL is cast and then WG is used on CD for 40s. With a 25s ToL, I figure you get 31 vs 30 (unglyphed wins). With a 31s ToL, I figure you get 33 vs 30 (unglyphed wins even more.) It's 38 now, pre-nerf.

If you don't need WG every 8 seconds, then the glyph is still a win since the amount healed by a single WG is higher. If there's enough raid damage that you want WG every time it's up, then unglyphed is better. We'll have to see what 4.3 content is like.

The number of targets change is, at worst, a 16% nerf to WG. Combined with a 20% reduction in healing, The proposal nerfs WG by 34% when used on CD.
Posted Sep 28, 11
277 posts
Untagged users
#20% This feels ok to me. For being a smart heal that we can easily buff through stats (2005 haste) and caste on CD without much worry for our mana, it has been pretty powerful. The way I look at it is that a WG does about 12k healing to someone, so a 20% reduction brings that down to 9,600. That is a noticeable difference and yet at the same time, 2,400 hp isn't the difference between life and death 99.99999% of the time. Based on that, I'm ok with the change.

#Glyph Now this bothers me. I like the way Oleander explains it above based on a 40 second window of being used on CD (without the glyph, 25 people healed; with the glyph, 24 people healed). As Oleander said, some fights you would want to use this on CD (Beth'tilac, Majordomo Staghelm, and Rhyolith) and other you do not. What this change means is that to maximize output, a Druid should change glyphs dependent on the fight. I am personally out with that; no problem there, I'll carry around my stack of dust and swap as needed (though sometimes I'll forget). My problem is that kind of game play is not casual to moderate friendly, which as we know Blizzard goes on and is all about right now. So for me its like "Ok, fine, whatever, I'll adjust and play by your rules"; for the vast majority of the raiding population, its a maths game that they either won't understand or won't care enough about the small difference to make the change.
Officerchat.org - guild advice for guild leaders
Posted Sep 28, 11
60 posts
Untagged users
Shaman speaking, just like to bring some reflexion about general glyph mechanism.

What was wrong with the Wild Growth glyph is that it should have been a prime glyph and not a major glyph. Major glyph were supposed to have a downside, or only bring utility. Wild Growth glyph (as well as Circle of Healing glyph) was a straight 20% increased healing, without any downside.
As a comparaison, you can look at the Chain Heal glyph : the healing reduction from each jump is reduced, but the initial healing is reduced too. As such, if your Chain Heal only hits 2 targets, unglyphed version is better, and if your Chain Heal heal 4 targets the glyphed version is better.
One More Alt
Posted Sep 28, 11
17 posts
Untagged users
Oleander wrote:
5 every 8 works out to 25 people healed every 40 seconds. 6 every 10 would be 24 people healed.

You also saved a GCD, and more than enough mana to cast Rejuv.

24 WG + 1 Rj > 25 WG

With the glyph you heal for more, use less mana (Rj is less mana than WG), and less cast time (WG is 1 GCD, Rj is 1s).

Of course you have to decide who gets that Rejuv, so that takes elite skill.
Posted Sep 28, 11
21 posts
Untagged users
The WG nerf shouldn't really surprise anyone IMO. It's way too good now and I suspect e all know if we think about it. I'll withold judgement about whether 20% is too much or not until we get some PTR feedback. Though I'm with Lument initially; I think it will be fine. The glyph change is annoying and will likely mean swapping based on the fight; which means I too will have to actually remember to do it. /grumble
Starlees wrote:
... for not having anything worth bringing to the table as far as cooldowns

Is this thinking still prevalent in certain raid groups? Tranquility is a great cooldown for certain types of fight dynamics. Raid wide damage when the raid can't stack (Rag traps, Cho'Gall p2 are good examples) it's obviously superior to Barrier and Spirit Link Totem. Times of extended raid damage (Staghelm scythes, Beth p2) where no single cooldown can suck up the entire time it's just as good as the other cooldowns too. Stacked single application raid damage, it's inferior. As long as Blizzard designs fights in 4.3 with a variety of cooldown situations, Druids will be jsut as useful as the other healing classes. The onyl way we would not be is if everything favors stacking limited range cooldowns.
Traylon
51259_99a9e9d79e33b734.png
Posted Sep 28, 11
56 posts
Untagged users
@Traylon Yes, I understand Tranquility is an amazing cooldown, but it all comes down to your healing comp. Between taking me, with tranquility, and a shaman with a optotem AND lolmanatide, or even a 2nd or 3rd priest, for progression, my guild usually brings the latter. I wasn't in for most of H Bal prog (but I was there for the kill) and wasn't in for H Domo (but that was a 2-3hr progression, so no big deal). After the 2 past tiers, I certainly hope Blizzard doesn't make fights with 7-8 healer requirement, and then fights with 3-4. I agree with you that we are some of the strongest healers out there, but we are lacking in the cooldown department. Especially after they implemented brez for 15 classes.

I'm not crying or QQing, chances are I'll adjust just fine to the changes. It's just frustrating when you are in a competitive raiding environment.Doing 5 mans on PTR with my current gear, I didn't have any difficulty on the new heroics, however, because of finger memory I kept spamming WG when it wasn't off cooldown, and I always forget to unglyph it _ btw, what to glyph? Innervate? Barkskin? Ugh.
Posted Sep 29, 11
Page
of 3
Notices