Page
of 3

Lord Rhyolith thread

23 replies
263 posts
Admins
Moderators
Can't drive?
Can't heal through all that raid damage?

You've come to the right place. Refer to the healing notes here before coming back and either posting a new topic entirely or replying. This is the official discussion thread of Lord Rhyolith.

And boy does he suck.
Posted Jul 7, 11 · OP
5 posts
Untagged users
20 stacks is bad.

Our raid is dying because of 2 things. Eruption, which is the stacks, and concussive stomp. The later is avoidable, but hard to do when you are focusing on other things, while the first seems to be a bit rng. How are others coping with this?
144994_f874f553eab59a0a.png
Posted Jul 7, 11
260 posts
Untagged users
Eruption just means that he needs to be steered into more volcanoes faster. RNG has a role in making this more difficult, and can ultimately wipe you sometimes. However, the best way to handle it is to aim for the active ones, and also flatten some inactive on the way.

Ideally, you can get a group with 1 active and a few inactive in a group, with no other volcanoes elsewhere. You aim him for the group, he activates another one, and you have him flatten all of them.

Keeping the inactives under control is just as important as flattening the active volcanoes quickly, as he can turn them into active at any point, and can lead to a large number of volcanoes active and putting Eruption on the raid.

I hope this made sense...
Posted Jul 9, 11
25 posts
Untagged users
Driving Advice needed!

Working on him tonight, we had between 6 and 9 DPS on his feet, but only 4 melee (Rogue, Warrior, Druid, DK) and Hunters filling out the rest. Even with all 9 on one foot, they were only able to move the steering bar 1/4 to 1/2 of the way to the side. So what happened was that he constantly spiraled out into the lava. With the whole raid on a foot, we could easily turn him the full bar, but of course, when your AoE crew is on adds, there just isn't time to switch to his feet to get him to turn.

Now, we seemed to do better last time we worked on him, when we had 6 melee, and a couple of hunters on him. Is this a case where hunters just aren't a good choice for doing damage to his feet to get him to turn, or is there some trick we're not getting? We were getting the hang of add control, but because they couldn't turn him, we'd get too many Eruption stacks, or die due to him drinking the magma.

Any tips on getting him to turn tighter?
Posted Jul 19, 11
260 posts
Untagged users
He turns based on the damage a leg takes. This is an important note, as multi-dotting can actually slow his turning. If you have trouble turning him, cut out multi-dotting on the legs. If that isn't the issue, then the DPS just need to pick it up. He isn't all that difficult to turn, especially if you survive the first couple of volcanoes to reduce his armor a bit.
Posted Jul 19, 11
75 posts
Untagged users
For our group we had great success once we determined the minimum number of dps required to kill the fragments and sparks (10m -2dps). Everyone else was assigned to driving the legs and ONE person was in charge of calling out what leg to dps. We had some "free thinkers" in the Driving crew last week which made for some good Lava nom nom nom---raid wipe. Ensure that (come hell or high water) the Driving Crew is listening to the assigned driver.

With the hotfix changes (decreased Eruption damage and debuff wipe when entering p2) your healers shouldn't be overwhelmed if the driving team makes a mistake or two.
Posted Jul 19, 11
346 posts
Admins
Moderators
Chroi wrote:
Our raid is dying because of 2 things. Eruption, which is the stacks, and concussive stomp. The later is avoidable, but hard to do when you are focusing on other things

Avoidable? Can you jump to avoid it or something?
Auracen - Druid
Twitter
Google+
Posted Jul 22, 11
23 posts
Untagged users
I would be interested in knowing this also. Because last night actually one of our malee dps even comminted on, "I wish we could easily jump to avoid his ground smash that he does." So I was guessing he already tried this and it did not work.
Posted Jul 22, 11
260 posts
Untagged users
Hmm, as far as I now, it's unavoidable. I'll have to check it out when I'm in there next.
Posted Jul 22, 11
75 posts
Untagged users
Chroi wrote:
..[ ]..and concussive stomp..[ ].....is avoidable....

I believe that you cannot jump to avoid the damage but it can (sometimes) be resisted.
concussivestomp.jpg
Posted Jul 22, 11
Page
of 3
Announcement of